360 magnum limitations

-

Andre68

Reaction score
So I have a 360 magnum out of a 99 Durango. I would like to get about 600hp with a bottle of nitrous. My build plans where:

EQ heads ported with the LA manifold holes
Edelbrock performer air gap intake manifold
Custom grind cam shaft not sure of specs yet, got to go in to the shop an chat with them
Holley 800cfm double pumper
Mopar performance valve springs
Forged pistons
Bored 30 over
V belt set up with alternator only -electric fan, manual steering
Long tube headers
150hp bottle of nitrous

Other than that, stock rods and crank and I'm gonna disguise it as an LA block.

I'm not sure if this set up can give me 600hp at the flywheel with the bottle of nitrous. I would have to wait for the dyno for that.

I'm wondering if this block with my set up can take the 600hp or does the magnum block max out at about 500hp? What would this set up rpm max be? 6,000?

Thanks guys

List car weight,gears & trans type/ converter. Heads ported, means matching cam. I would contact 0U812,up the road from you in Indio. A 150 hit,usually needs a previous learning curve with N20, or someone to guide you.(a lot safer....) I would recommend a the Scat rods, over stock ones.(stronger & cheaper).A stock crank turned to minimum spec,and done correctly on the radiuses,at a minimum. I would bet that puts you within a c-note of a Scat crank (stronger mettalurgy). Something ,.to think about

You could magnaflux ,side grind resize and ARP bolt stock rods,and come out more expensive than Scat rods,same for the crankshaft. Was with a speed shop owner,dropping off a 383 Scat crank,some one else screwed up. It was a minimum of 220,to fix it right. Just saying.

64 barracuda (the headers will be custom made)
727 with a 3000 stall converter, reverse manual valve body- have the stock 727 right now but it will be getting built to match the engine.
Rear end is a ford 8.8 31 spline 4:10 gear ratio limited slip

So maybe I should start with a 50hp shot? See how it does? Maybe on the dyno?

I will look into the scat rods and crank.

Luckily I know a good machinist that's very reasonable

64 barracuda (the headers will be custom made)
727 with a 3000 stall converter, reverse manual valve body- have the stock 727 right now but it will be getting built to match the engine.
Rear end is a ford 8.8 31 spline 4:10 gear ratio limited slip

So maybe I should start with a 50hp shot? See how it does? Maybe on the dyno?

I will look into the scat rods and crank.

Luckily I know a good machinist that's very reasonable

Nicely thought out,guy. Set the tune without N20 first,learn the money you spent. Better machine work,careful assembly makes more return in investment, than anything else. You got it.
P.S: no N20 until you know how to actually know how to rebuild, tune,& and fully understand the 7 circuits of that carb.

-
Back