408 questions for a boat

-

murfman

Reaction score
No not a C boby, a real boat...

It's a 27' Magnum Marine offshore type hull with twin small block Mopars (Originally 340 Super Bee IIIs)

I have posted here before looking for crank and bottom end advice, and I have the short blocks sorted out, Scat Cranks and rods, Icon 9.5 to 1 pistons, Magnum blocks.

That is where I stand now, I want to get ~400-450 HP each out of the motors on 91 Octane Pump gas and I want them to be relable and able to run at WOT @ ~ 5500 or so RPM for long periods at a time.

As for the heads, my plan is Engine Quest CH-318-B heads with Stainless 2.02 / 1.62
I was looking at the Hughes Stainless Roller Rockers that have the shaft mounts,

My initial thought was Performer RPM intakes unless someone tells me differently. As for a Cam I am leaning towards

SER1822ALN14.jpg

From what I have gathered I need to stay ~ 114 on the centerline to keep from getting Water Reversion through the exhaust.

As for the exhaust I don't have much of a choice, for now I am planning on The best Chrysler offered, center rise manifolds with 3" Risers.
7900702.jpg

What do you guys think about this combo? At what point do I need to consider Main studs Vs bolts? Same with head studs? Also the Marine Oil Pan is a beauty, cast aluminum and a full sump. Should I still run windage trays?

Test fitting the manifods to the Magnum Heads with the MP valve covers:

And I will NEVER complain about how expensive it is to run a Mopar on the street ever again!! Double the price for marine parts, then double the engines! What was I thinking? Too far along to turn back now lol.

-
Back