408 questions!

-

Todlich

Reaction score
Iam starting gather parts for my stroker build and wondering what cam to choose,as well as what manufacturers have 10.5:1 off the shelf pistons for this application?My premium gas up here is only 92 ocatane.

1990 360 roller block
forged 4.00 crank
H beams
10.5:1 c/r
TTI step headers
Holley 750 d/p vac sec.
3.91:1/904 w/steep gear set
Edelbrock RPM 65cc
1500-6000rpm

I will mostly use this for street and the occasional drag night.
I was thinking of the Hughes HER2228ALN
1.6 I.520 E.544°
222°/228° 114LSA

Any insight would be helpfull.

I would go for something bigger then that. The 4" stroke is going to eat up a lot of duration. Something in the 230 to 240 @.050" would be better. Just use what manufacture you fell is best. Any of them can make you a good stick.

Iam just worried about the overlap,I have some emissions up here to pass.I am concerned with the bigger cams will have alot of overlap and exhaust a good portion of that unspent gas.

You have any suggestions or experince with prefered cam manufacturer?I have heard good things about racer brown.aka: straightline?

RacerBrown and StraighLine are to different ,manufactures. Either one can help you pick a good cam. Are you staying with a Hyd roller ? The wider lobe separation should help keep the over lap down.

opps sorry i thought it was the same people,just changed business names.
Yes i would like to keep her a roller hydro.Didnt realize the lobe seperation on the roller hyd would help out.Thanks,I learned something new ;)

A lot of people get the RB and StraightLine mixed up. Scott Brown owns S.L. but is no relation to RB.

-
Back