440 six pack rod replacement

-

Mr. Plater

Reaction score
ok guys, so i recently bought my first Mopar, 68 cuda. within the first month of having it, i spin a rod bearing. i just took all of my stuff to the machine shop, they are going to turn my crank and told me that i am going to have to replace my six pack rod as well. i know that some of my mopar buddies are telling my that six pack rods are hard to come by, so my question is, if i can't find one, then what is a good after market replacement ? is there one? do i have to get all different rods?

I wouldn't believe they are that hard to come by. I myself have 2 sets out of motors, one set of those still attached to pistons, and a third set in a fresh motor that I plan to remove for some H-beam rods once I get to that point in my build. They are out there. Keep an eye on ebay and the Mopar related websites, you'll find them.

Oh, and welcome to the website.

There is a guy on the "Oklahoma mopar parts" Facebook page that just posted up a set of 6 pack rods for $75. That sounds pretty cheap to me.

Not too far from me! I live in Bethany. Getting ready to move to mustang, thankfully.

-
Back