4dr to 2dr swap

-

SwinginACR

Reaction score
Hi guy's, I have a quick question about front clip swapping. Ive been playing with my hot rod neon for the past six years so i have forgotten most of what I knew. I have a 73 Swinger that if all works out the goal will be to put an earlier front clip on it. Ive found a 72 4door dart custom at the local pull a part with a perfect front end on it. Would like to try and purchase it for parts but need to know for sure that the fenders and hood and all the associated parts will swap over.

Thanks!
Chris

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they're all the same from the cowl forward. Dart/Sport/Demon/Swinger Scamp/Duster

Yes, I did that swap with a 73 swinger and used a 70 4dr front clip.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they're all the same from the cowl forward. Dart/Sport/Demon/Swinger Scamp/Duster
You are correct. Some slight changes in the firewall and core support thru the years but nothing major. I have always wanted to take the front clip from a 69 and put it on a 70 to 73 swinger.

some minor things will need to be re drilled for grill and stuff, but it can be done

i put a 72 4 door clip on my 73. the only issue i ran into was one of the A/c pieces hit up front. im either going to notch it out so it clears or move it to the 72 location. other than that its an easy swap.

This is awesome news guys, I appreciate it. Im going to give the yard a call and see what it takes to get the car now.

Thanks again.

-
Back