5.9 Magnum engine, what parts to keep?

-

twister360

Reaction score
I bought a 5.9 Magnum from a running truck. My plan is to used the block for a 75 Dart Sport. What parts from truck motor can I use on the rebuild? And for the unused parts, is there a market for the remainder of the parts left over?

Thanks Gary

You can save a little coin having bullet regrind your cam if your gonna go with a non stock spec cam.

are you using a serpentine setup? I found that it would be easier and cheaper to go with that and use a junkyard ford taurus electric fan instead of getting all the stuff for a v belt setup.

When I pulled my magnum I left one of the injector rails. I wish I would have gotten all of the fuel injection parts. Now I have to find a rail if I ever want to go FI.

I seriously doubt you want the kegger intake for a 75 dart sport. You could sell that, but strip everything off of it first.

If you plan to use long tube headers,mock the long block & headers on a engine stand. Sometimes the headers hit, the engine block truck mount bosses. Grind as needed,obviously cover the intake & exhaust ports.

Lemme look at that AC compressor bracket off you when you tear it apart.
Send a pic.

I bought a 5.9 Magnum from a running truck. My plan is to used the block for a 75 Dart Sport. What parts from truck motor can I use on the rebuild? And for the unused parts, is there a market for the remainder of the parts left over?

Thanks Gary

-
Back