6.1 Swap Won't Rev Past 3K HELLLLPPPPP!!!

-
hey bad *** 71 i need to talk to you about this conversion. i doing a similar project with a 71 duster using a 08 5.7 hemi with a NAG1. i trying to see what my option are with the power steering[/QUOTE

You have two options at this time for steering.

You can spend the money, for the well regarded Alter-k-tion and have power rack and pinion OR manual rack and pinion steering. Reilly can even make the factory power steering pump used in Charger/Magnum/Challenger work with his power rack.

The second option is factory manual steering. There is a thread on the boards about a guy trying to get factory power steering to work, but as of this writing the power box is simply too big. There is only about 1 1/2 to 2 inches between the box and several of the exhaust ports. Even the 5.7 Log exhaust manifolds used on the Durangos will not squeeze between the engine and power steering box.

I emailed flaming river, since from photos it appears their 16:1 manual box is quite a bit smaller than the facory 20:1 and 24:1 box. There response was at one time they were working on an aftermarket power steering box for mopars that would be smaller, to offer more header clearance but the project just petered out. :(

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Joe Dokes

Hey Bad ***, just wondering how you made out, if you ever solved this problem?

hey bad *** 71 i need to talk to you about this conversion. i doing a similar project with a 71 duster using a 08 5.7 hemi with a NAG1. i trying to see what my option are with the power steering[/QUOTE

You have two options at this time for steering.

You can spend the money, for the well regarded Alter-k-tion and have power rack and pinion OR manual rack and pinion steering. Reilly can even make the factory power steering pump used in Charger/Magnum/Challenger work with his power rack.

The second option is factory manual steering. There is a thread on the boards about a guy trying to get factory power steering to work, but as of this writing the power box is simply too big. There is only about 1 1/2 to 2 inches between the box and several of the exhaust ports. Even the 5.7 Log exhaust manifolds used on the Durangos will not squeeze between the engine and power steering box.

I emailed flaming river, since from photos it appears their 16:1 manual box is quite a bit smaller than the facory 20:1 and 24:1 box. There response was at one time they were working on an aftermarket power steering box for mopars that would be smaller, to offer more header clearance but the project just petered out. :(

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Joe Dokes

They do have a power box that is about the same size as a manual but I think its made by Borgeson. The FR manual box is actually a little fatter than the factory manual box FYI.

Hey Bad ***, just wondering how you made out, if you ever solved this problem?

x2!! What happening!!

Sorry for not updating the thread guys. It is fixed and working perfectly! We are not positive exactly what fixed the issue tho. We did a couple of things. We added an additional engine to chassis ground, and at the same time we went thru and rewired the entire harness for the apps. We fired her up and the thing reved up just like it is supposed to.

Dad has taken the car to one local show but has decided that before he starts driving the hell out of it, he wants to take it to a few shows first. The car absolutely halls ***! He is very happy with how it turned out. Here is a short video I took of the car at Bob and C's shop when we dropped it off for Bob to align it. We are working on a radiator cover panel at the moment. Dad and I are going to take my swinger and his demon out for a cruise here in the next couple of weeks. Cant wait to cruise together. It has been a long time coming!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf2s-8tFdCE"]71 Demon 6.1 Hemi Plum Crazy Purple - YouTube[/ame]

Beautiful car. I hope my duster looks half as nice when it is finished.

Outstanding news...Let's set up a Pavilions night coming up. I wanna see it again :D

This is a common problem with factory equipement on after market exhaust set up.I would change the Ecm or PCM to a more tune-able after market one . . Right now its picking up a lean condition and adjusting its self as such.

Hello BadAss71.
My name is Federico. I live in Argentina and I have a similar problem than you.
Block 5.7 and manifold, heads and cam 6.1, ECU and wiring harness Street and Performances and ZF 6 manual trans, and only can get to 2000 rpm.
I think generate the VSS signal, but I don't know the type of this signal (square, sinusoidal, volt, frequency,etc.)
You find some information of this?
I sent email to Mark (S&P), for this problem, and not reply.
Sorry for my english. Is very poor.
Than you.
Best regards.

Hello BadAss71.
My name is Federico. I live in Argentina and I have a similar problem than you.
Block 5.7 and manifold, heads and cam 6.1, ECU and wiring harness Street and Performances and ZF 6 manual trans, and only can get to 2000 rpm.
I think generate the VSS signal, but I don't know the type of this signal (square, sinusoidal, volt, frequency,etc.)
You find some information of this?
I sent email to Mark (S&P), for this problem, and not reply.
Sorry for my english. Is very poor.
Than you.
Best regards.

Hopefully someone will post up that is more knowledgeable than I am on this subject. But it sounds to me that the clutch sense signal to the PCM is not connected. Good luck..

Hopefully someone will post up that is more knowledgeable than I am on this subject. But it sounds to me that the clutch sense signal to the PCM is not connected. Good luck..

Luckily, BadAss71 told me what was the way to calibrate the gas pedal to the ECU recognize him perfectly. Much improved, now reaches approx. at 4500 rpm. How is the clutch signal (ground, + V, etc.)?I do not want to distort the BadAss7 post. For my "consultation", I'll open another post:http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=230142

-
Back