6.4 Hemi SRV versus windshield wiper motor.

-
Just wow. I can't imagine a universal joint mating the stirring stick to the R&P as shown. Even if it did, the joint wouldn't last very long. I know ratrod like builds aren't engineered to go 100K miles anyway. I haven't seen everything modern technology and/or aftermarket offers today either.
I'll just say if it was mine, I would alter the rack mounting to rotate its input closer to inline and a little farther away from end of column.
Good luck with your build.
It works totally fine. Same setup I used when it was a 340. The only difference is I had to move the lower bearing back 1” to clear the valve covers.

I used a 90s era Dakota wiper motor. Mine is mounted inside under the dash, but there's no reason you couldn't make an adapter plate and mount it on the outside. It was a very easy conversion. I even used the factory wiper switch. it took some figuring out, but I got it done. The bonus is the wipers actually move fast enough to help, unlike the stock 2 speed motor.
I looked at a picture of one, it looks like it will be a very good fit. It appears to be a lot smaller. I will just flip it upside down and mount on the firewall like original.
Thank you!

this off FB

IMG_5362.png

IMG_5360.jpeg

In case anyone is paying attention or wondering in years to come. I switched out the fabricated mid sump Weiand oil pan to a Mopar rear sump pan. I gained some room forward and down. Angle is now 2.5 degrees down. I cut out the windshield wiper area, the firewall bellhousing area and a small area where the drivers header was hitting the fire wall. Since changing the pan I get to weld all those things back in. Fits way better now.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

In case anyone is paying attention or wondering in years to come. I switched out the fabricated mid sump Weiand oil pan to a Mopar rear sump pan. I gained some room forward and down. Angle is now 2.5 degrees down. I cut out the windshield wiper area, the firewall bellhousing area and a small area where the drivers header was hitting the fire wall. Since changing the pan I get to weld all those things back in. Fits way better now.

View attachment 1716138336

View attachment 1716138337

View attachment 1716138338

View attachment 1716138339

View attachment 1716138340

I'm paying attention. :D

I've been working on my research for my swap and ran across a copy of the 6.2 Hellcat swap instructions from Mopar and they suggested a 2 degree downward slope on the trans. For what it's worth. Doubt it matters, just tossing it out there.

I'm paying attention. :D

I've been working on my research for my swap and ran across a copy of the 6.2 Hellcat swap instructions from Mopar and they suggested a 2 degree downward slope on the trans. For what it's worth. Doubt it matters, just tossing it out there.
Yes, in the crate wiring kit instructions it says the Hemis are put in the new cars at 2 degrees down. Most engines are 2-4 degrees down. With the other oil pan it was about 3.5 degrees down. I need to put it on wheels and see what the clearance is from ground to oil pan. My car will have a bit of a rake so that should take care of the extra half degree. If not I will park it on a downward slope.‍♂️

-
Back