/6 double roller timing chain set

-

frmurch

65 Cuda
Reaction score
Hello, Well here goes. I found info on what part#'s to get to install a double roller chain on a /6. Part #s napa s338 crank sprocket , s338 cam sprocket & 9-168 chain. well, installed. The parts fit but the chain is loose on the coast side, tight on driveside. Turning crank clockwise. Do i have the right set. Any help would be great:banghead:

thats a dot org question as they spliced those together. i just run the JP or rollermaster ones

So the Jp or rollmaster is the way to go? Can you find them in the u.s. And not pay the high shipping. Thanks

I bought mine off of E-bay new and it was free shipping so I cant tell you how much I actually paid in shipping but I did go on-line to an aussie web-site to compare the prices of the chain as if I had the option of purchasing it there and there was not much of a difference in price.

Maybe 30.00 or something close.

i HAVE READ THAT JP OR ROLLMASTER REQUIRES SOME MODS. IS THAT TRUE? AGAIN THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

I have not got that far yet, I have also read it is snug fit. I didnt think this would be an issue for me as I have access to machine/fab shop so I went ahead and bought it a few months back.

Have not yet opened the box.

We bought the double roller chain for my ex's slant from NAPA when we had it rebuilt. I can't remember the part numbers, but it works fine. She's driving it and it's running fine.

With the JP set, just like any aftermarket piece the ID on the crank gear is a tad on the small size, they do this for factory tolerances on crankshafts just like balancersMy jp bolted on with no issue and had no alignment problems, some have had issues with the CRANK fillet being to far forward causing mis-alignments.

Charrlie S did a group buy not long ago from Cloyes. They made up sets for the slant. He may have more.

and to add it is possible the cam and crank are just a little to close together, yet to see that but stuff happens

The slant six uses a big block crank sprocket and timing chain, the only special part is the slant six cam sprocket. You would think it would be easy to make these parts...

The slant six uses a big block crank sprocket and timing chain, the only special part is the slant six cam sprocket. You would think it would be easy to make these parts...

Yes, but then they may screw up and put them in the wrong boxes.... :violent1:

I once went to buy some timing chains for a SB from Ken Neve's shop in Plainfield back in the day. He had BB and SB MP chains for $25 without any packaging. So we're in the office and tell him that we need some SB chains and gears, he asks his employee, Enor, to go sort out some SB chains and gears for us. I asked, "what's the difference in a SB chain and a BB chain?"

Enor replied, "Just enough to piss you off...." :banghead:

LOL!

I'll never forget that.... :sign5:

-
Back