Status
Not open for further replies.

ValiantEffort

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hello!

Well, the time has come to sell. I've been putting it off for years, thinking I would get the chance to restore her, but I just haven't had the time.

If you care about a little history, here it is, if not skip a few paragraphs below:

I bought 'Jean' in 1996 in Portland from the second owner- the first owner was a little old lady that just drove it to the store and church and that is about it (hence the low miles). I fell in love and it was my everyday car. I had no trouble with her for the next 5 years except getting the radiator replaced. She was a champ. Then in 2001 I moved to Atlanta and had to leave her behind parked where she has been since. But I did/do go out and start her up every few months and every time she fires up. Every single time. Sitting for so long her interior got a little damp, so I had expected to replace the carpet at least, maybe the upholstery.

Then, last July, I discovered a mama raccoon had decided that Jean would make a nice warm and safe place for her 3 babies (the window to let the car interior breathe was a little too low). She destroyed the interior, even the dash which makes no sense, but I'm not a raccoon so what do I know. I got her to move (basically by stopping by every hour for day until night came and she could move the babies safely), but you can see from the pics the interior is wrecked. (but no feces or any other nasty raccoon "stuff" is in the car)

My first instinct was to just call a wrecking yard and have them take her away. Then I found my sense of humor about it and thought, well, I was going to redo the interior anyway, now I just have to do more. But since then, I've had to move out of the house I was living in (relationship ended) and I have nowhere to store Jean, nor really the time or money to try. It breaks my heart, but I think it is time for someone else to take care of her.

- if you skipped the history part-
Again, Jean is a trooper - she is a champ. She starts every time and I think runs like a dream. She hasn't been in an accident and is straight as an arrow. Mechanically, I've had no real issues but I think the carb needs to be cleaned - I think that because I got used to feathering the gas pedal, but anyone else who has driven her often step on the gas too hard and she almost stalls.

Cosmetically she will need a paint job - in addition to interior work - and you can see the woman who had the car before me cut holes in the back for speakers (why, I ask you?)

The passenger lock was messed up when someone tried to break in, but I have 2 extra I bought from Wildcat. I also have some of that stripping you put in on the passenger windows to keep water from getting inside the car doors.

And you will see you also get the original Pacific Wonderland license plates. Those I hate to part with, but they belong to Jean, and whoever gets her really should have them.

I'm not at a computer everyday, so don't be to upset with me if I don't respond to you right away. I do want to find a good home for her asap tho, since she is still being stored at my old house and I don't know how much longer I can keep her there.

Finally, I'd like like to get $1500 for her, but am willing to entertain offers.

Thanks for reading!

(ps - I do have higher res versions of the images if you need them)

frontview.jpg
[/IMG]

rearview.jpg
[/IMG]

motor.jpg
[/IMG]

frontseat.jpg
[/IMG]

dash.jpg
[/IMG]

trunk.jpg
[/IMG]