64 Barracuda - Need Picture & Measurement

-

ProTouringCuda

Reaction score
Hey need a little help from an early Barracuda owner.

I need to get a fairly close-up profile pic of the rear wheel opening / tire while on the ground. I'm trying to size tires without having the car in my possesion yet, so I'd like to photoshop it.

Also, if I can get a measurement of the opening from the rocker to the rear of the opening, that would be perfect!

65 barracuda. Sorry, don't have the wheel trim.

wheel.jpg

Kcoyle - ABSOLUTELY PERFECT! Thanks!

Now, just so I can get a reference from your pic - can you tell me what size tire and rim you have installed? Also, another pic with the dimension would be great!

Sorry - what I meant to say was another picture WITHOUT the dimension and text box would be perfect :)

Hey PTC, if it's any help, I'm running a 285-40-18 BFG KDW on the back of my Dart. It measures 27" in dia and 11.5" wide.

Here's a PhotChop of KCOYLE's cuda with a 20" AR Torque Thrust M and a p295/45-20 mounted to it. I'm thinking 20's may be too large for this opening, and may have to go to an 18" rim, or possibly just a smaller series tire. Overall height/width of this combo is 30.5", but going to a 265/45 will reduce the height to 29.4" and will still fit on a 10" wide rim.

Wheel-Opening.jpg

Here's a PhotChop of KCOYLE's cuda with a 20" AR Torque Thrust M and a p295/45-20 mounted to it. I'm thinking 20's may be too large for this opening, and may have to go to an 18" rim, or possibly just a smaller series tire. Overall height/width of this combo is 30.5", but going to a 265/45 will reduce the height to 29.4" and will still fit on a 10" wide rim.

Wheel-Opening.jpg
Personally I think a 30" tall tire is too much, dont forget you want this car low to the ground. So not only making the tubs wider (which isn't hard) you would probably have to raise them up for adequate clearance, and that is no easy task. For me the 18 made the most sense, the 285-40 was the widest 18 I could find at 27" ( I wanted a 28") that fit on a 10" rim. I did find a 335-30 ( I think) but it was only 26" tall and needed a 12" rim (which are very expensive). I'll try and find you a pic tonight.

Personally I think a 30" tall tire is too much, dont forget you want this car low to the ground. So not only making the tubs wider (which isn't hard) you would probably have to raise them up for adequate clearance, and that is no easy task. For me the 18 made the most sense, the 285-40 was the widest 18 I could find at 27" ( I wanted a 28") that fit on a 10" rim. I did find a 335-30 ( I think) but it was only 26" tall and needed a 12" rim (which are very expensive). I'll try and find you a pic tonight.

The car is already slated to have new rear frame rails, which will allow for a lower stance.

Again, this was my father-in-laws project, and I'll be taking it over as soon as my garage interior is finsihed. In talking to him he stated that he already has the Competition Engineering rails, and I believe had already started chopping up the rear to fit them in. So, lowering the rear won't be a problem, but I'm thinking I may agree with you on the 18's.

This is the only pic I have right now.

100_1752.jpg

Forgot where this thread was. Heres another if it helps. That is a sick looking wheel/tire combo.

100_0151.jpg

Personally I think a 30" tall tire is too much, dont forget you want this car low to the ground.

After doing some more research, I'm tending to agree that the 18x10's are the way to go in the back with a 255/45 series.

Now, the question becomes what to use up front, namely the BS required with the AlterK front end.

If you have the spring relocation kit you can get 275s easy.

I have the offset shackle kit in mine and I can almost fit a 275 series tire. A 265 will fit but I don't like any other the tires out there that are available. Plus I'm running 15 in wheels.

I really do like the look of 17s on the front and 18s on the back of these little abodies.

Tincup has one of the nicest wheel combos i've seen.

A bigger tire will sit more forward in the wheel well. My rearend has been centered by moving the rearend back 3/4"

Up front....Based on track record and what's available the alter-k-tion is the only way to go IMO. Wish I had one myself.

newmeats022.jpg

newmeats009.jpg

newmeats016.jpg

If you have the spring relocation kit you can get 275s easy.

I have the offset shackle kit in mine and I can almost fit a 275 series tire. A 265 will fit but I don't like any other the tires out there that are available. Plus I'm running 15 in wheels.

I really do like the look of 17s on the front and 18s on the back of these little abodies.

Tincup has one of the nicest wheel combos i've seen.

A bigger tire will sit more forward in the wheel well. My rearend has been centered by moving the rearend back 3/4"

Up front....Based on track record and what's available the alter-k-tion is the only way to go IMO. Wish I had one myself.

newmeats022.jpg

newmeats009.jpg

newmeats016.jpg

Thanks dave, I also moved my rear back 3/4". I will post an updated pic soon. Just assembled the rear yesterday, so it should be back on the ground by the end of the week.

Here is a current side view pic for ya.

100_1818.jpg

-
Back