64ragtop window weatherstrip

-

64ragtop

Reaction score
Just got my new weatherstrip set from Steele Rubber. Wish there were instructions! Not hard to figure which of the three different length pieces goes where
(just match the length of the wstrip with each of the three side rail sections) But I'm GUESSING the longer side of the extrusion goes to the inside of the car.

At first I thought the longer side to the outside would resist water splashing better. Then I thought the short side out (and the way it tapers) would let the door close easier.

And THEN asking people who have the experience with this stuff would make more sense than going with my ASSumtions!

So, longer side in or out, please..... And THANK YOU!!

BC

Long side in. At least that's how I did mine.

I found that I didn't need to use weather stripping adhesive, even though the previous installer did.
When I did the first install I didn’t like where the gaps were at the splits so I was able to pull out the strips and reinstall them right where I wanted them. It’s been about 300 miles now without any troubles.
Also pushing up using a plastic putty knife and inching it along really helps in seating the whole strip.

-
Back