65 Barracuda Dash Restoration

-

Hunyadi

Reaction score
First Post :wav:
Anyhow -
Have a 65 Barracuda and the dash is not in teh best shape - anyone have any ideas on restoring it? Took it to a guy who does dashboards and he said he would have to custom fabricated everything to make a new cover for it. What he was estimating to do it was about what I originally paid for the car. He suggested to fill the cracks with windshield urethane (spelling is not my expertiese) and then re-dye the vinyl... any suggestions or comments on what others have done????

First Post :wav:
Anyhow -
Have a 65 Barracuda and the dash is not in teh best shape - anyone have any ideas on restoring it? Took it to a guy who does dashboards and he said he would have to custom fabricated everything to make a new cover for it. What he was estimating to do it was about what I originally paid for the car. He suggested to fill the cracks with windshield urethane (spelling is not my expertiese) and then re-dye the vinyl... any suggestions or comments on what others have done????

Sounds like you need a replacement dash pad. 65 and 66 A Body Plymouths are the same and 65/66 A Body Darts are the same but differ the way they-re shaped from the Plymouth ones. Dash pads are out there; I'd place a want ad and keep checking eBay. Or you can send it to Just Dashes and they will restore it for you - have lots of money! What color is yours?

The dash pad is black - so there are reproduction dash pads out there for the 65/66's ??? Was unaware -

The dash pad is black - so there are reproduction dash pads out there for the 65/66's ??? Was unaware -

No reproductions but used (or redone). You can figure a good used, not cracked will run you somewheres around 100 to 150 depending on color. I'd guess black was the most common. There's also light blue, dark blue, gold, brown and I think red ones as well. Dart pads will also bolt right in but have a different shape than the Plymouth ones, so that's an option for a used one as well.

There are a lot of junkyards, parts cars and Craigslist for parts in Washington. Just keep an eye out for cars sitting in yards.

-
Back