65 Barracuda Header Options 360

-

scottylack

Reaction score
Looking for ideas for headers with my 360 in my 65 Barracuda. Looks tight in the bay...is there anything to use without cutting the firewalls...? I plan to have power steering ... if that matters...HELP!

Spitfire makes a header but not really designed for big horsepower. Hooker makes one that has two tubes go through the chassis and two go through the fender well but they also aren't great for big horsepower engines (1 5/8" tubes) I used a set of Headman's in my car (1 7/8" tubes) but they are full fenderwell headers. There are a couple others out there but not a whole lot of options.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=64447

Heres a article on the Dougs headers.TTI makes a chassis header as well,i recall you need a special starter for these?As far as power steering i dont
think its possible with either of these headers.Like Blownfish im running
fenderwell exit headers.

Most of the chassis headers won't work with power steering but there is no need for power steering in the A-Body's anyway.

I personally like the fenderwell header better, there is a little more engine compartment heat but the engine stays cooler without the headers hugging the block, and if you have them Jet Hot coated, they will be even cooler.

-
Back