65 cuda rear seat holddown strap????

-

barbee6043

barbee 6043
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I bought this car in boxes! I found a pair of straps bout 12 in long looked almost like seat belt but has round slot on one end. and other end has 2 small holes big enough for coupl e of screws...... I saw identical pair on ebay said they were for holding down the back seat? I guess holding it up???? I would take pic but the new computer is smarter than me ( that's pretty easy!). only thing I can figure is it slides over the end of bar thing on back of the rear seat?? just wondering if early cuda guy can shed some light.... thanks

They mount down near the floor on the side of, and next to the bottom cushion just behind the aluminum trim. They hook on the silver bar on the rear side of the seat back to hold it down flat. If the seat back is in the up position the straps just lay next to the back seat bottom. I've got a photo and as soon as I get the size right I'll attach it.

Looks like 66Cuda fixed you up before I could figure out the size deal so I'll let his photos do the job. Thanks 66Cuda!

O K, so they hold the seat back in down position. a pic of where to attach it to seat botto,m would be great if ya get a chance.
pic size, new computer! ya anyone born before 1949 should not even be allowed to touch a computer!!??? LOL

Hope these will help you out. When you remove the sill plate you will see two small screw holes behind the plate thats where these belts attach then the sill plate goes back over them. Also there should be a small square cut out in the lower bottom of your rear door panel that these go in front of.
Bob

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 221
  • 002.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 208
  • 003.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 208
  • 004.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 198
  • 005.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 204
thanks for the pics, I must admit I've had a large assortment of mopars over the years but never a first gen.
funny things is when I found those in box of parts for the rascal, at first I thought they were seat belts till I looked closer then I didn't have a clue. I saw a pair of ebay but had no clue where exactly they went. thanks so much this is great help.

Well, I'll be danged! I've owned a half dozen 64 and 65 Barracudas, and never noticed those things! :violent1: Learn something new every day! :prayer:

Well, I'll be danged! I've owned a half dozen 64 and 65 Barracudas, and never noticed those things! :violent1: Learn something new every day! :prayer:
I have a '64 and '65 and have never noticed if they are there. I'm gonna have top go look now.

-
Back