65 Valiant Signet carb problems 273 2bbl

-

Litz

Reaction score
I bought a pretty clean 65 valiant Signet with the 273 the car had been sitting for years. (Last tagged in 88) I replaced the fuel tank, sending unit, fuel pump, fuel filter, and flushed the fuel line. Also removed the top of carb, removed the float, and needle and seat and cleaned with carb cleaner and blew it dry. Changed points, condenser, plugs, and wires. Put it together and the car started right up. After it warmed up I was adjusting the idle mix screws and couldn't get any change in rpm on the right screw. I took the screw out only to discover that at some point someone twisted off the jet? The remains came out easy. My question how, or can I even get the jet out? The car won't idle well enough to move it around the driveway. Are there any suggestions as to how I can remove the broken screw? I'm going to convert it to a 4bbl later and don't want to spend big bucks on a rebuilt 2bbl. Since I just bought the car I want to use it as a driver for a while. Eventually I will probably go with a 360 but for now I'm going to get the chassis done first. Install subframes, move the springs in, and an 8:75 rear. I would sure appreciate any help. (I'm really new with the A body smallblocks I always had B body B/RB engines) Thanks, Litz

-
Back