A = 3
B = 1
C = 3
R = 1

SO NUMBER = 71300539
BDY = BP29
TRN = P4X
PAINT = YY1 B

A clone to what? What do you think you have?

I posted this then saw your other thread. You have a 66 Barracuda that came with a 273 2bbl. from the factory. It is quite common for people to add the 4 bbl and Commando valve covers and air cleaner. It was also common for people to add this stuff new from the dealer. Either way drive it and enjoy it. These care are not a gold mine when it comes to resale and collector status, but they are also affordable for the average Joe.

A clone to what? What do you think you have?

I posted this then saw your other thread. You have a 66 Barracuda that came with a 273 2bbl. from the factory. It is quite common for people to add the 4 bbl and Commando valve covers and air cleaner. It was also common for people to add this stuff new from the dealer. Either way drive it and enjoy it. These care are not a gold mine when it comes to resale and collector status, but they are also affordable for the average Joe.

The fact that it doesn't "match" is what I've been trying to figure out. Since it doesn't I'm not going to fret about tweaking and enjoying and personalizing it a little here and there. I try to keep to the original as close as possible but when I go off that...I go OFF and customize to the WT....that is cool.
I just want to make sure that "if" I go to sell I know that it isn't a true Commando?

I have all of that dressing on my car also, valve covers, air cleaner, 8 3/4", disc brakes, commando emblems, but I put it all on there and don't try to fool anyone! I have the emblems on there because it is an actual 66 Commando motor that's in it, and I feel I can badge and dress it that way!! If your fender tag says its a 2 barrel 273 car, that's all you need worry about, unless you're adding the Formula S badges and trying to present it as such, which obviously you're not!! Just cause Mama dresses up for Daddy don't mean nothing to nobody!!!!!

Thanks cosgig, nope not even thinking badgeing (sp) as an S. Dumb question, what makes it a commando motor? I just want to know what I was told it was, is what it was.

The Commando package had a higher compression ratio, bigger cam, 4 bbl intake/ carb, chrome air cleaner, crinkle painted valve covers with aluminum raised sparkplug holders, and a dual point distributer.

The Commando package had a higher compression ratio, bigger cam, 4 bbl intake/ carb, chrome air cleaner, crinkle painted valve covers with aluminum raised sparkplug holders, and a dual point distributer.

Have no idea about the compression or cam (easiest way to check to confirm), it has the 4 bbl intake/ carb, chrome air cleaner, crinkle painted valve covers with aluminum raised sparkplug holder, will check tonight about dual point.

Have no idea about the compression or cam (easiest way to check to confirm), it has the 4 bbl intake/ carb, chrome air cleaner, crinkle painted valve covers with aluminum raised sparkplug holder, will check tonight about dual point.

My 65 Barracuda is a 273 2 barrel 4 speed car. The original motor has no oil pressure so I've got a 66 true 273/235 motor that can go in. I'll dress it with the Commando valve covers and air cleaner. I have a couple of 340s and they could be dressed the same way if I choose!

-
Back