67 Dart GT trunk trim

-

John Trickler

Reaction score
Does anybody have a picture of the placement of the different clips holding the 4 pcs. of trunk trim on? The 4 that surround the GT panel. Thanks

I had mine off a while back to repair the panel.

What issues are you having?

IIRC it was mostly self explainatory.

Only thing I recall being unique is the upper and lower outer 4 acorn nuts were different sized. 2 on top different than 2 on bottom.

Now that trim has been off once so I can not say that the asorn nuts got back on correctly back then.

I put them back on as they were.

Another note...

The upper left and lower right are the same and the upper right and lower left are the same.

And they can only go on one way.

I looked all through my photos. Looks like I did not take any photos with the trim off.

Last edited:
I had mine off a while back to repair the panel.

What issues are you having?

IIRC it was mostly self explainatory.

Only thing I recall being unique is the upper and lower outer 4 acorn nuts were different sized. 2 on top different than 2 on bottom.

Now that trim has been off once so I can not say that the asorn nuts got back on correctly back then.

I put them back on as they were.

Another note...

The upper left and lower right are the same and the upper right and lower left are the same.

And they can only go on one way.

I looked all through my photos. Looks like I did not take any photos with the trim off.
I am having a heck of a time trying to get the outside edge clips in. Not sure what order they go in, Carl has been apart for over 10 years. Not sure what IIRC is?

Post photos of the clips and one piece of trim I'll see if I remember.

Post photos of the clips and one piece of trim I'll see if I remember.
Here is a picture of one piece of trim and the clips that I have. I guess one big question is how do I get the clip onto the bent end without destroying trim.
PXL_20220919_181715597.jpg
PXL_20220919_181704712.jpg
PXL_20220919_181715597.jpg
PXL_20220919_181724391.jpg

Post a photo of the back of the trunk lid

I don't recall there being odd shaped clips BUT the 4 outer holes might take an offset clip.

The 4 acorn nuts go on the studs that are in the outer 4 corners.

All of the clips go in through the cutout

Screenshot_20220919-122932.png

Main clips - blue
Acorn nuts - pink
Main clip nuts - green

(put some dumdum on the face of all nuts)
Screenshot_20220919-123040.png

Outer 4 corners? - red?
Unknown? - yellow?

Screenshot_20220919-123413.png

1/2 trunk lid.
Main clips - red
End clips - green
Screenshot_20220919-123930~2.png

You have 12 main clips and 4 end clips.

The count is good.

I'm up to 98.5% certainty on what I have noted.

I really can't place the 4 on the far right of your photo.

The dress up full panel screws on to the trunk with small screws, before the 4 trim pieces.

The many small holes in the center of the trunk lid get water resistant tape over them, they are there for lettering if not a GT.

Wish I had taken photos!!!! Aaarrrrgghg!

Last edited:
Post a photo of the back of the trunk lid

I don't recall there being odd shaped clips BUT the 4 outer holes might take an offset clip.

The 4 acorn nuts go on the studs that are in the outer 4 corners.

All of the clips go in through the cutout

View attachment 1715987763

Main clips - blue
Acorn nuts - pink
Main clip nuts - green

(put some dumdum on the face of all nuts)View attachment 1715987764

Outer 4 corners? - red?
Unknown? - yellow?

View attachment 1715987765

1/2 trunk lid.
Main clips - red
End clips - green
View attachment 1715987767

You have 12 main clips and 4 end clips.

The count is good.

I'm up to 98.5% certainty on what I have noted.

I really can't place the 4 on the far right of your photo.

The dress up full panel screws on to the trunk with small screws, before the 4 trim pieces.

The many small holes in the center of the trunk lid get water resistant tape over them, they are there for lettering if not a GT.

Wish I had taken photos!!!! Aaarrrrgghg!
I understand the wishing to take photos. I've got pictures of most everything else but.
PXL_20220919_190223613.jpg

I typically take photos of everything I take off and what the screws bolts look like etc.

Seeing your 4 acorn nuts being the same size makes me want to find the two on the car that are not right!

Probably the door top trim front and rear.

Not sure what I was thinking!

I think you are there. The clips can only go on one way, and the trim can only go on one way.

Last edited:
I typically take photos of everything I take off and what the screws bolts look like etc.

Thank you very much, I got it. Did you have any trouble getting your repop tail lights to fit? I just want to put them in and they're not even close.
PXL_20220919_203406064.jpg
PXL_20220919_203606611.jpg

Seeing your 4 acorn nuts being the same size makes me want to find the two on the car that are not right!

Probably the door top trim front and rear.

Not sure what I was thinking!

I think you are there. The clips can only go on one way, and the trim can only go on one way.

Did you have any trouble getting your repop tail lights to fit? I just want to put them in and they're not even close.

My tail lights are OEM, passanger side is the original. The other is #2 or #3 ( drivers side quarter got nained twice) bondoed once skinned once.

My friend has repos they fit ok. Only thing he was not happy with was the lense are not peened into their housing.

Are you sure you have left and right correct?

Maybe have to rights?

By the way...

Any text typed between the

[ Q U O T E="John Trickler, post: 1974063744, member: 58254"]

And the trailing

[ / Q U O T E]

Become part of the quote

Last edited:
My tail lights are OEM, passanger side is the original. The other is #2 or #3 ( drivers side quarter got nained twice) bondoed once skinned once.

My friend has repos they fit ok. Only thing he was not happy with was the lense are not peened into their housing.

Are you sure you have left and right correct?

Maybe have to rights?

By the way...

Any text typed between the

[ Q U O T E="John Trickler, post: 1974063744, member: 58254"]

And the trailing

[ / Q U O T E]

Become part of the quote
I just put them on and just kept tightening the screws up little by little and they actually fit pretty well you just have to keep tightening the screws. After 10 years, it doesn't look too bad! Thank you for all your help, and I would imagine before I get done I'll need more!
PXL_20220919_211050552.jpg

Looks awesome

Happy to help.

My dart is complete and largly un-touched except for the versions repairs.

Looks awesome

Happy to help.

My dart is complete and largly un-touched except for the versions repairs.
Nice! Mine is a total resto mod, originally a slant six car now has RMS front and rear suspension, 340 with a fast EFI, with a gear vendors overdrive. Hope to have it running yet this fall. Still have the complete interior to put in it. Just unboxing items and trying to bolt them on. Have rear bumperettes to put on if I want. Just tried to find backup lights, that looks like an impossibility.

I have seen nos lenses on eBay

There were probably 100,000 67 darts made so backup lights should still be findable.

I have some that I might be able to part with but it will be a while till I know.

The car my buddy and I bought has a bad bumper I don't know how the backup light bezels are. I found a usable bumper and 1 of the bezels is ok, the other is broken but usable.

MA3676 - 1966-67 Dodge Dart; Back-up Lamp Lens; LH or RH; Each

I have seen nos lenses on eBay

There were probably 100,000 67 darts made so backup lights should still be findable.

I have some that I might be able to part with but it will be a while till I know.

The car my buddy and I bought has a bad bumper I don't know how the backup light bezels are. I found a usable bumper and 1 of the bezels is ok, the other is broken but usable.

MA3676 - 1966-67 Dodge Dart; Back-up Lamp Lens; LH or RH; Each
Both of my lenses are good, just the Chrome isn't very good. I may send my bad said in and have it re-chromed.

Just to confirm the clips on the far right in your photos (yellow cir) were not used, correct?

I'll be Intrested to find where those other clips go or not

-
Back