69 cuda fg fenders

-

cawley

383 Bcuda
Reaction score
Im gona be looking to buy some fiberglass fenders for my 69 cuda. Does anyone have any ideas on where to look. I don't want fenders that ill have to do a lot of block sanding to get them straight & I don't want what they call drag race fenders. Please pm me if you have any ideas or advice Thanks

I have one stashed, don't even remember what side or marker light. It was on a '69. Don't know what brand, but i've had it for at least 15 years.

I am running fiberglass front fenders, hood, grill surround, and front valance panel on my '67. The fitment was pretty good on everything. I had to drill out the mounting holes and drill out the holes for headlight mounts/adjusters, but there were indentations in the fiberglass where I needed to make the holes. I did massage the door gap and cowl gap a bit. The upper surface (beside the hood) was slightly wavy but block sanding took care of that. They also had an indentation for the '69 side marker lights that I had to fill (for my '67). I'm very happy with them and people can't distinguish the difference from steel once installed. The ones I bought were not race fiberglass but they're still extremely light and sturdy.

http://www.showcars-bodyparts.com/barracud.html

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 115
  • 71cuda3.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 106
  • 71cuda3402.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 116
  • 71cuda3402b.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 130
  • 4car.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 106
I am running fiberglass front fenders, hood, grill surround, and front valance panel on my '67. The fitment was pretty good on everything. I had to drill out the mounting holes and drill out the holes for headlight mounts/adjusters, but there were indentations in the fiberglass where I needed to make the holes. I did massage the door gap and cowl gap a bit. The upper surface (beside the hood) was slightly wavy but block sanding took care of that. They also had an indentation for the '69 side marker lights that I had to fill (for my '67). I'm very happy with them and people can't distinguish the difference from steel once installed. The ones I bought were not race fiberglass but they're still extremely light and sturdy.

http://www.showcars-bodyparts.com/barracud.html
Hey, thanks for the info, your cuda looks sweet, very nice! I ran into the same things with a pair of fenders I bought for a 70 charger I had, they turned out great. Love to see more pics of your cuda. Have a good one

-
Back