69 Dart GT Convertible

-

Cuda416

Reaction score
I am about to start a father + 4 kids project to get a 69 Dart GT convertible back on the road. It's fairly clean, fewer than usual rust areas in my opinion but then I'm an optimist. Frame rails and structure are all rust free, spare tire well is rot, and it's got some cancer behind the doors and bottom of the quarters. Surprisingly the trunk drop offs are pretty nice.

Once I am done wiring the garage for 220v we'll be able to use the welder and compressor+air
tools. Hopefully that will be done in the next couple of weekends.

The biggest problem the car has is it was hit in the drivers front. I am going to replace that frame rail and need to know some good ways to ensure the car is straight and level before i begin. My garage floor has a slight slant to it. I was thinking of making some adjustable threaded jack stands which should do the trick but if someone has a better idea, I'd like to hear it.

Attachments

• 00V0V_1Vm0WBwp7mf_600x450.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 202
Thanks 73Hcode, it should be a fun project. I just recieved the trunk torsion rods from MOBodyman. One less thing to chase down. Thanks MOBodyman!

It's been a while and I am gearing up "again" to start this project that was supposed to be on the road this summer. I wasn't aiming for pretty, just drivable. Life basically got in the way and I am getting around to this again. As originally started I need to replace the drivers side frame rail, inner fender panel and the core support. I have a complete 69 valiant front clip which will be the parts donor.

My plan is to remove the parts from both cars as an assembly and hopefully put the good parts in place in one piece. With minor adjustments with luck on my side.

Unfortunately my garage floor is a bit out of whack (awesome colorado expanding soil, yay) and so I need to build a temporary jig, which will really be no more than a fancy set of connected jack stands adjustable at the corners of the structure to get it all flat.

The first question then is, with this plan, where will be best to support the car while I tear apart the front end? I was thinking of the rocker panels.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• valiant.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 87
  • dart.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 91
-
Back