'69 Fastback Steel Wheels - What tire size to go with?

-

dillonwcrow

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm looking to change over to 15x7 (5x4bp) steelies, but I'm curious of what tire size to go with. If possible, I would like to have equal size tires all the way around. My car is stock, drum brakes and all, so I'd like to get some opinions before I get some ordered.

If anyone is interested, I'd most likely be selling these Cragars when I make the switch.

Green Fastback is mine. Blue Fastback is the tire/wheel combo I'm looking for.

Thank you,

Dillon Crow

IMG_8807.JPG

a6a079f9fa57107e2f23c3b0510934d8.jpg

Dillion, I'd be interested in the cragars, pm me. They never made 15x7 small bolt pattern steel wheels. You can get them from wheel vintiques and possibly other places. Not sure what the biggest 15" tire u will be able to fit, will depend on backspace. There are some guys here that can help u with that. Prob around 215/70 in front and a little bigger in rear. I do think the steel wheels with redlines look awesome , ur car will look sweet with them.

Thanks, baracus! 4" backspacing seems to be what other folks are running with a similar setup to mine.

Yeah, I've found them on Wheel Vintiques and Classic Industries. That's most likely where I'll get the 15x7's from. I believe my front tires are 215/60 and 235/? in the rear. I'd have to look again. It's been so long. The tires are relatively new and the wheels are flawless. Where are you located in Georgia?

I'm northeast of atlanta, just outside gwinnett county.

The teal 69 is a beauty, have seen it and met Tom, the owner several times. I used to work in the same town he lived in. Great story on that car. Good luck on the tire and wheel switch, it will look great on your very nice green FB.

-
Back