70 Duster Stock Replacement System - any recommendations where to buy?

-

Dartguy72

Reaction score
I've got a stock 70 Duster 340, 4-speed. Stock HP manifolds Casting #'s 2863553 (left) and 2863549 (right). I'm looking for a complete stock exhaust system that I can bolt-on and not have clearance problems. I called Accurate LTD but they want $600 plus $120 shipping - way too rich for my blood. I thought about going to a local Midas or Monro shop but they won't even venture a rough estimate over the phone - and I don't feel like trailering the car around town to find out (unless somebody has had good experience with them)...

Has anyone bought one that fit without breaking the bank?

Thanks...

Please also go to Waldronexhaust.com and email Joe there. His systems are great and less $$s than most others.
Tom

Thanks - They just quoted me $420 plus freight. Have you had personal experience with their systems? Any problems at all?

Dart guy, Joe has worked with me on the VOE/DCE muffler (see it on his website?) and in turn, he has helped me tremendously by making me some 70-71 Duster noise reduction tailpipes, some 69 340 Cuda pipes and a full system for a 71 Satellite Sebring. His tailpipes are shaped correctly and fit exactly like the originals I still have in the garage even though I had him make them in 2.5".

Joe is great guy and his company goes to great lengths to make things right. He has all the right jigs and books and patterns to do it correctly and he can find you the original (aftermarket) hangers too. :):)

He is also very good at creating nice sounding mufflers that look and fit right.
Tom

-
Back