71 Demon

-

roadripper

Reaction score
my son is doing the metal work on his Demon in the rocker area , and we have run into lead that the factory has used. Was wondering if there is a easier way of removing the lead besides grinding it out !!! has anyone tried using a torch on this ??? dont want to create any health issues by melting this out any ideas would be great thanks mike :banghead:

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 236
Well thanks for the help on this , figured the torch would be the way to go I will have to make sure we dont get it to hot lol This demon was purchased in Alberta about 5 yrs ago as a $400.00 shell !! Came with a good complete parts car, hopefully by summer it should have all the rust repaired and the underneath painted.:thumblef: Then i can get my rotisserie back :thumblef: Plans are 383 auto 8 3/4 rear

Looks like you are having a ball. I would be anyway lol.
After you get all of the lead out of those areas where the lead was removed grind the areas with 36-40 grit. I like 2-3 in roloc on a side die grinder. Fill the areas/seams good with milled or short strand fiberglass filler. Block with 36-40 then proceed with your regular 2k poly fillers. Some ppl like to shoot the seams first with epoxy primer then start filling. Your choice. Good luck and have fun!

-
Back