71 Duster: REAR spring hangers.. Can't find new ones

-

Judge Mills

1971 Plymouth Duster
Reaction score
I have the shackles.. was ready to bolt them in, when I saw this: The rear spring hangers are rusted out... GREAT... I know they make new front hangers, as I just bought them, but I am not able to find REAR hangers,... any help?

In the second picture, you can see the tube is rusted, and separated, as you can see the bushing where the metal separated..

bracket3.jpg

bracket2.jpg

WOW! Thats bad. Good thing you found that. Did you try Mancini? That or some one here will have a better used set for you I am sure.

I thought this was the parts you were getting from Firm Feel?
Do you need both hangers? I might have one, can check tonight for you.
C

Those would be easy as all GETOUT to make for a good fabricator.

Those would be easy as all GETOUT to make for a good fabricator.

very true.... There's not much to this bracket! I CAN'T believe only TWO bolts hold it in.. yikes! The front hanger has four. I guess we know where all the force goes!

I might go ask the local welder (she mostly works on commercial fishing boats) what she thinks...

thanks for the idea!

I am on a different computer than my home one, but it looks like there are no pictures on the site? I want to make sure the place isn't selling front hangers, as I already have those.... these are rear hangers....

back home, now the picture shows up.. thanks guys for all the help... Good to see (actually, not good at all) im not the only one that has experienced this problem...

-
Back