72 Demon 340 - Header Install

-

DemonCzek21

Reaction score
I'm finally replacing a 30 yr old rusty pair of Heddman headers with a pair of Hooker Ceramic Coated Competition Headers. After a slight modification to the steering box, the drivers side fits great and I thought I was home free.....Problem is the passenger side header hits the torsion bar. Everything on the car is original in regard to K-Member, Heads, Engine location, etc. I've spent several days jockeying the engine around but can't seem to get enough clearance to get the torsion bar next to the header. The people at Hooker said maybe that #8 pipe just didn't get bent right......Has anyone else ever ran into this and know of a simple solution that I've missed before I pull the header back out??

Bad motor mout is the only thing I can think of. I would think it should still go in there if you got the mount loos and the motor jacked up though. Sounds like Hooker may be right to me. Can you take any pics o it to post up?

My dart was a /6 and is now a 360, I used hooker headers and I believe that I had to ding one of the tubes at the torsion bar among various other places. Mine also interfered with the idler arm and one tube had to be cut and moved back a little.

-
Back