72 Duster, new guy in KY

-
That is one awesome Duster that is my favorite color combo on a Duster. I am new myself to the page but welcome so far I am having a good time on this site.

Arkansas Dave:-D

Cool car man, I always liked the twisters! I hope it has faired better than the last one I drug out of a field.

Non-smartass suggestion:

Invest in a digital camera. Nothing is more motivational then to have the pictures on the computer, wall paper, etc, and then on the forum and to have these progress mongers on you butt. Accountability increases your progress and success rate immensely.

Yeah, I have one but the day I went to look at the Duster all I had was my wife's cell phone. I have tons of pics of the work I have done on my old trucks and intend to do the same on the Duster.

Found out I need a program to get the pics from her Razr. I have it downloaded and will try again tonight...

It is good advice to document your work, Rg

Cool looking car from the pic. Fellow kentuckian here, im about 30 miles west of Elizabethtown.

Welcome from Arkansas, Cool picture and the car will be a great mission for you and us, so ask away and keep us updated :cheers:

sounds like it will be a cool project, and even if its rough, it was your first car so i think itll be worth it !!

Well, I finally got a pic this weekend. Sorry about the resolution, I had to resize the crap out of it to get it under 122kb.

I got a set of wheels and tires on it so it will roll, now I have to get the tractor out there and move some cars around so I can get her out.

I have to say, my wife isn't very enthusiastic about this, but then I hardly ever go to her jewelry parties either...

I'll probably be looking for a parts car soon (preferably a '72 duster)

Rg

smaller100_0566.jpg

smaller100_0565.jpg

smaller100_0568.jpg

Some wives will never understand. Mine doesn't.
Yeah, you have alot of work ahead, But from the pics it looks like a good platform to start on.
Keep us updated with pics, and you can always look to Captnkirk, Cudaspaz, 70duster440 and all the others for inspiration.

Get it cleaned up and start making a list of parts....you might not need a "parts" car, the enthusiasts(Mopar addicts) here might have everything you need....LOL
Looks like a fairly decent car! The paint might clean up nicely too

Thanks guys. I'll have a better idea what I'll be needing once I get it home, clean it, and strip it.

I was kinda surprised that more wasn't missing from it than there is. All my uncles are Mopar guys and the parts that are missing went to good use.

Rg

Raggedjim,
Welcome to the wonderful world of Mopar!!
Looks like you have a great project in hand. And remind the wife that working on the car will keep you AT home, OFF the streets, OUT of trouble and WITHIN earshot.

Welcome Raggedjim

As far as getting started. A Bodies are bad about rusting the the crossmember, torsion bar mount, front frame rails around the upper a arms so before spending any real time check it out and get a plan.

I understand wanting to get it done for your dad. I tried to get my Dart done before my dad passed away.
He got to drive it when it was just a shell of a body with drivetrain, no hood fenders, trunk lid or top.

He always liked my cars but never had any real cool cars himself. Guess my 70 Duster that I sold him was the coolest car he had. Cragers SS all around, 60's on the back slant 6 with 3 speed.

Hope it is a solid car and you can make him smile when he see's it

Welcome Raggedjim

As far as getting started. A Bodies are bad about rusting the the crossmember, torsion bar mount, front frame rails around the upper a arms so before spending any real time check it out and get a plan.

I understand wanting to get it done for your dad. I tried to get my Dart done before my dad passed away.
He got to drive it when it was just a shell of a body with drivetrain, no hood fenders, trunk lid or top.

He always liked my cars but never had any real cool cars himself. Guess my 70 Duster that I sold him was the coolest car he had. Cragers SS all around, 60's on the back slant 6 with 3 speed.

Hope it is a solid car and you can make him smile when he see's it

Thanks, I appreciate the advice. I have crawled under it a bit but the shedded snakeskins laying around had me kinda nervous! I think I'll pull her out and them look her over.

Rg

Well, here's the scan of the picture from '73, I know, it's pretty poor.

I'm the skinny kid on the right, add 35 years and I look basically the same.

Still working on cell phone pic. Yeah, I'm a dumb @$$...

Rg
thats a very cool pic!

-
Back