[WANTED] 727 or A500 Yoke

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the A500 yokes the same as 727? I had an A518 yoke that I tried to use on a 727 and wouldn't work. The spline count was the same but the pitch of the splines was different.

I had the 518 yoke from a truck that I parted out. I even had the 518 trans sitting next to the 727 to compare splines. They are dimensionally correct in every way except the spline pitch. The A500 splines might be the same as a 727. But I just assumed they were the same as A518 when i was searching for the proper 727 yoke.

I had the 518 yoke from a truck that I parted out. I even had the 518 trans sitting next to the 727 to compare splines. They are dimensionally correct in every way except the spline pitch. The A500 splines might be the same as a 727. But I just assumed they were the same as A518 when i was searching for the proper 727 yoke.

Gotcha. I'll have to do some more research.

I read that they are the same. So did you just geto for the 518, specifically?

@TrailBeast @MileHighDart can you weigh in here?

My driveshaft guy supplied me with a used 727 yoke after the "new" one that I bought from Summit turned out to be of very poor quality. Fits perfectly into my A500.
I have no experience with the 518 so cant be of any help there.

My driveshaft guy supplied me with a used 727 yoke after the "new" one that I bought from Summit turned out to be of very poor quality. Fits perfectly into my A500.
I have no experience with the 518 so cant be of any help there.

Ok, so maybe the 727 and A500 are the same. If I don't have any luck here, I will ask the driveline shop.

The 727 yoke is not the same as the A500 yoke.
The 727 yoke does fit the 518.
You can however look up the yoke for the Dakota with the 42RH and it uses the 7290 style U joint.

Dang. Now I'm all confused. Lol. I'll just let the driveline shop know what I have on both ends and see what he can do.

The 727 yoke is not the same as the A500 yoke.
The 727 yoke does fit the 518.
You can however look up the yoke for the Dakota with the 42RH and it uses the 7290 style U joint.

The 518 yoke does not work with a 727. You literally have to hammer it on. The spline count and diameter are the same. But the spline shape are wrong. They dont interchange. I've tried it and there are several threads that talk about it.

The 518 yoke does not work with a 727. You literally have to hammer it on. The spline count and diameter are the same. But the spline shape are wrong. They dont interchange. I've tried it and there are several threads that talk about it.

You are probably right, but the places I see online show them as interchangeable.
Transmission Slip Yoke

Right. I did read that. The splines are cut differently.

It's the small one, but at this point, I believe the slip yoke I need will have to come from a A500. There is a 91 Dakota at my local yard, so I will call them tomorrow and see I can snag the slip joint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back