-
Status
Not open for further replies.

RIBOATSERVICES

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
Hi, figured i`d toss this out to you guy`s before I posted it on CL. I have a 73 Duster 340, matching number engine, factory A/C car.
I bought the car approx 7-8 years ago and have had it sitting on blocks covered since then. I was in the process of restoring another Duster at the time so this car just sat waiting for me to get to it. I pulled the cover off and dropped it off the blocks a couple days ago, put a battery and some fresh fuel to it and she fired right up. I drove it around the parking lot (see pics) a couple times and she shifted good.
The car needs a complete restoration. The car is complete with it`s original engine, radiator, suspension, rear end, paint, interior, wheels, ect. The A/C system is complete and unmolested as is the engine compartment. The body will need the typical sheet metal repairs, lower quarters, trunk floor, tail panel, maybe drop offs. Prior owner removed the trunk floor but stayed within the margins when he cut it out so the replacement will be easier, I have the fuel tank and straps. The front frame, floors, t-bar support, rockers, rear frame are all solid (see pics). The hood, roof, and all glass are perfect. The fenders are perfect at the tops, with some rust in the lower dog legs and doors have minor repairable rust spots (bottoms of doors are good). The inner fenderwells are perfect as well as the firewall and k frame. The silver paint you see in the pics is some zinc paint i sprayed on some of the rusty spots before I covered her up many moons ago (no, she wasn`t a vinyl top car, i sprayed some zinc on the top before the cover went on to keep the moisure away).
The interior is complete but will need dash pad, head liner, seats redone, carpet, ect. A/C controls are intact as well as the A/C vent assembly.
Right now the car sits on SS springs (I removed the original sure grip rear end probably 6 years ago) for anothe Duster project I had and changed the gears to 410s. I have since put the rear end back in the car where it belongs as I built a Dana instead(that`s why it`s painted black in the pics), I also have the original 340 6 leaf rear springs.
I`m sure i`m forgetting stuff. I don`t really want to get rid of the car, but i`ve already got another 71 in the garage to finish !
The car is located in Warwick, RI 02886 Not many originals left! $6500.00

d1.jpeg

d2.PNG

d3.jpeg

d5.jpeg

d6.jpeg

d9.jpeg

d10.jpeg

d11.jpeg

d12.jpeg

d14.jpeg

Forgot to mention that I do have extra (not that they are needed ) doors, fenders, deck lids and grill that go with the car.

Still available, offers?
Dan,
I’m closing on home, plus trying to sell one. One too many balls in the air. Your project is right up my alley, until I get things settled I won’t be able devote any resources to putting a deal together. Should it still be for sale when the dust settles I’ll reach out.

Hello, Have someone who has interest in 1973 Duster if it's still available. He is not on this site and doesn't have a computer. He is in Connecticut. Would you provide a phone number? Thanks.

Hello, Have someone who has interest in 1973 Duster if it's still available. He is not on this site and doesn't have a computer. He is in Connecticut. Would you provide a phone number? Thanks.
Hi,
I have someone looking to put a deposit on it tomorrow. If that falls through I`ll let you know.
Thanks,
D

Dan,
Lost my bodyman, he informs me that he no longer wants to do ”big” projects. I apologize for wasting your time. Without him your project would be more than I could tackle.
best of luck
Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back