73 Swinger A/C Heater Box Questions

-

805moparkid

Slant and AFX Guy
Reaction score
so i got the swinger SL6 going and it has factory A/C. the heater core is plugged so im gonna try to unplug it but can get a core...

anyways! there are two vacuum lines that come out of the firewall, 1/8 ish lines. what are they for and where do they go?

also can i get the heater core out with the dash in?

The black hose goes to the vacuum reservoir in the engine compartment and the other one connected to the reservoir goes to engine vacuum at the intake manifold the greeen hose goes to the vacuum acuated heater water valve and yes you can

The black hose goes to the vacuum reservoir in the engine compartment and the other one connected to the reservoir goes to engine vacuum at the intake manifold the greeen hose goes to the vacuum acuated heater water valve and yes you can

ok thats how i got it... but i have another for ya! why is there a vac operated heater valve when there is a vavle on the heater core under the dash?

I've got the service manual diagrams if you want them, PM me.

no thats alright. im tracking down a 73 manual as we speak!

ok thats how i got it... but i have another for ya! why is there a vac operated heater valve when there is a vavle on the heater core under the dash?

no thats alright. im tracking down a 73 manual as we speak!

No such thing should be for a door

-
Back