'73 up drum to disc conversion track width change

-
yup, I'll break out the tape measure before and after I do the swap, was hoping to have a definitive answer before so I can start planning out rims....

Here we go again with whether or not you need to move the perches.
I've done it without moving them and it works with no issues, even under hard launch at the 1/8 mile.
For the purposes of this thread- the point is that particular axle puts the rear track even with the factory disk brake front track.
However, it's no concern for the OP as he has other plans anyway.

I like these specs, but I’m not entirely sure how accurate they are for different option groups. Like the ‘70 specs list the rear track at 55.6” and the ‘74 lists it at 55.4”, but the width difference between a 7.25, 8.25 and 8 3/4 is quite a bit more than that.

Absolutely, no argument. I should have added that I wasn't saying it was a definitive answer, only another data point.

Way too many discrepancies in the factory data to say anything is for sure based on something like this.

I've got no clue on track width, I simply offer up a few pics. 72 Duster. Front converted to later A body disc 4.5 BC . 8.25 rear from a 75 Dart . Front wheels: Wheel Vintiques Rallyes 15x6 4.00 Back space 205/70-15 . Rear: WV 15x8 4.5 bs 275/60-15. Front tires would very rarely rub when turning sharply on uneven ground like parking in a hole in the yard. Rear tires were very close to the leaf springs and would sometimes rub on sharp turns.

7-11-10 001.JPG

7-11-10 005.JPG

-
Back