74 Dat Sport No Spark

-

mcp

Reaction score
He all. New to the forum, great place! I have a 764 Dart sport that I am fimnally getting around to finishing. 340 Auto, nothing fancy just a streat beater. Now the new parts are as follows: Coil, ECU, Distrib & pick up, Resistor, Volt Reg, etc. All ohm readings on the parts check out perfect as per specs, I have 12v to the coil, ECU is well grounded, new ground straps in the car, ect. the thing I can't get is the coil to flash ground to fire. Hels the coils witer 14in away from ground, no arc. tried the standard test for a plu in one wire and looked for spark, nothing. Meter in the coil as you wheel it over, 12v only, no spike. Harness is good and cane out of running car. Car ran with old 360 in it years ago, no problem. the motor is brand new so this is the initial fire up. Any thing I am overlooking? I am suspect of the dist pluf on the harness side since I can not get a solid ohn reading and when you wigle it it fails to open line so I an changing that out in the AM. Point is I have power there I need it, ohm readings on all in spec and just can not get the coil to light it off. I have 3 coild and I know they are good (tested in other car) along with all the other components (tested in other car) so any pointers? Thanks in advance for yout time.

mcp

-
Back