Status
Not open for further replies.

jeeper

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hello,

I have been building this car off and on for years. I will be straight up with you......I am tired and would like to move onto something else.

I have spent a fair amount for a budget build. The work is decent and it is close to being driveable once you look into some issues listed below. I have driven it a bit-5 miles or so. It does charge, start and drive. You may be able to fix its issues and get a pretty fast car for cheap.....It has taken so long, and my life has changed, no storage etc. It sat for the winter and now my $150 flaming River U-joint doesn't look so good etc. It needs some TLC and elbow grease. I am just not too interested with it......

At the best, you tune it sharp and finish up the small stuff and you get a great car for little. At the worst, you will have to do some engine work.

THE PROBLEM: READ PLEASE>>>>>>

Pretty much everything is pretty solid. However, the engine does not have the power that it should, and it does not idle real good ( not cam size, something else) etc. I have spent some time tuning it and it is ok, but not great. After running for 10 minutes on a hot day the oil pressure goes low at idle. It occasionally pops at idle. The timing needs some help, it is not advancing enough at higher RPM. Radiator will leak if it gets too warm (over 220)

I think the engine needs some help, but it will start and drive etc. It may be a curve kit and some sharp tuning or it may need alot more. I really think it needs a new distributor in a bad way....

Basically it is a solid car, that needs some engine help, either minor or major I do not know. You need to know that. I would expect some tuning at the minimum, or pull it and go through it at the worst. I have a similar year 440 that was supposedly a runner that I may be able to throw in if I need to.

Here is what it is:

74 car, that was a /6 car to begin with. Here are the specifics.

Body:

Not rotten, stock paint. Some very mild pitting on the drivers floor and a hint in the trunk. I found a hint of pitting behind the drivers side wheel, towards the rear of the car. There is a mild dent behind the drivers door. Pretty straight for the most part. What you see is what you get which is pretty nice since the paint is OEM and the pitting is just that. Not anything near through rot at all.

Interior:

Complete headliner. Decent looking dash with a minor crack in each corner.
The rear seat is nice, but not a factory cover. The front is out of a 4-door. I have the stock seat that needs recovered. Door panels are decent and so is the rest. It is black and looks ok.

Wheels and tires:

Fronts are 14" with basically new tires. The rear wheels are 15 x6.5. Tires are poor on the rear.

Brakes / Axle: It has OEM LBP disks, Aluminum master cylinder with new parts. The rear is a 4.10 geared 8.25 with a Sure-Grip and 3" studs etc. Solid parts to the best of my knowledge.

Suspension / chassis Mods:

Sub frame connectors welded in. Rear springs are clamped on the front. Bushings are new from energy suspension. Shocks are Competition Engineering drag shocks front and rear. Manual steering with a flaming river u-joint kit etc. Drives OK.

Fuel:

Carb is a 750-3310 Holley. Fuel pump is a 440-6 rated 3/8's input pump that is mechanical. Fuel tank has been pulled and flushed and lined. New 3/8's fuel sender.

Transmission:

727 rebuilt. Shifts good and firm with new parts, including a TF-2 kit.

Engine:

440-reringed. 223-230 Hughes cam. Matching springs. New COMP CAMS timing chain. Some porting (home job) on the heads. New oil pump, windage tray, and proper pan for the car. See above for issues. It is a 76 440 from a truck.

Install kit / exhaust:

I bought the entire kit from Schumacher. The exhaust is 3" with SUMMIT "Flowmaster" knock offs.

WHAT I AM AFTER:

I am after a RWD Mopar car with 2-doors and a v8 that is currently a driver and pretty solid. I would ideally prefer a clean 73ish Duster with a V8 in it. If it is stock, it would need to be pretty clean. If it is tastefully modded, I am willing to go towards a car similar in condition to this car. I am willing to look at most any car, but I leaning towards v8 cars that are A bodies and running / driving right now. I would consider a mild project, but really I would rather insure, do some tires and drive it now....

Price: $4200 - Really want to trade. Not sell outright if I can help it at all.

Parts: I do have some extra BB parts and engines etc. that could be negotiated for seperately.

I am downloading pics to my PHOTOBUCKET account right now. I will post the link soon.

Not interested in an outright sale at this time. Drop me a line, I am online daily several times.

CIMG0035.jpg

CIMG0034.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back