74 Duster stock drum size help needed

-

OCswinger

Reaction score
Alright guys, i am firm believer in searching older posts for info that has been covered many times over but, I am in kind of a quick jam. I picked up a 74 Duster with the manual brakes, disk / drum setup. The 74 currently has a slant six BUT its getting a 340 soon. I want to keep the rear drum brakes and i want to replace the shoes, hardware, and drum itself with new parts. I cannot find if i have the 9" or 10" rear drums. I'm at work and won't be home for a while and I want to order the parts.
Any help out there? Did I give enough info? Thanks in advance guys.

well I would wait until I measured them to be sure if it was me.....So All we can do is guess....What rear is in it? 7-1/4 8-1/4 8-3/4 ? If it has a slant six in it I am guessing it has a 7-1/4 inch rear in it which would have 9 inch, I think

well I would wait until I measured them to be sure if it was me.....So All we can do is guess....What rear is in it? 7-1/4 8-1/4 8-3/4 ? If it has a slant six in it I am guessing it has a 7-1/4 inch rear in it which would have 9 inch, I think

yea, you're probably right. I guess I'll wait. I just wanted to get these parts ordered, shipping takes a while. Thanks though

-
Back