74 Duster wheel and rim sizes.

-
fronts...215 65R15 seems to ring a bell Don.
..A little wider than a 70 series a little shorter than a 225

First number is your "skinny" factor here.

i say if you want skinny - go for 205's personally i wouldnt go smaller than 225's

I would send them rims back, they are the same size that was on my duster when I bought them, the back space is like 3.5", you have to run a super skinny tire to get them to clear the fenders. like a 185 front and a 215 rear.

You need a 15 x 7 with 4.25" of back space to put any size tire on a duster.
I have stock 15 x 7's all the way around with 275/60/15 and 215/65/15 there is no rubbing issues.

No sir I am not, I sold the wheels with new tires cheap because the back spacing was so jacked up.

Found a pic of the pizza cutters on my car.

1000447y.jpg

Difference the correct back spacing makes.

Ny87vQ.jpg

Sorry could not get a good pic of the front.

nfJVPh.jpg

Where did you buy them?
Might not loose the re-stock fee if you order new rims from the same vendor?????
Call the vendor.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

I would talk to them in the morning, 160 restocking fee is steep.
I sold wheels, new tires and lugs off my duster for $150

Also keep in mind even repo mopar wheels have the incorrect back space, most only have 4".
You can special order the correct back spacing / same style wheel from center line but expect to wait 6 months.

4.25" makes ever thing fit on a duster.
I reconditioned factory ones, keep in mind they came on everything trucks, cars.
The date code on mine are from 1985 so they came off a diplomat.

I would talk to them in the morning, 160 restocking fee is steep.
I sold wheels, new tires and lugs off my duster for $150

Also keep in mind even repo mopar wheels have the incorrect back space, most only have 4".
You can special order the correct back spacing / same style wheel from center line but expect to wait 6 months.

4.25" makes ever thing fit on a duster.
I reconditioned factory ones, keep in mind they came on everything trucks, cars.
The date code on mine are from 1985 so they came off a diplomat.

ARE you saying stay with the factory rally's that i have now ? WHAT is the b s on factory rim? on the box its says 6mm off set is that the 3 1/2 inch back space.

If you have a set of factory rally 15 x 7 the back space is 4.25"

ARE you saying stay with the factory rally's that i have now ? WHAT is the b s on factory rim? on the box its says 6mm off set is that the 3 1/2 inch back space.

+6 offset is 4.25" of backspace on a 15x7" rim, which is what most of the OE mopar 15x7" rims from the late 60's up had. Most of the aftermarket 15x7" rims are 0 offset, which is 4" of backspace.

3.5" of backspace on a 15x7 works out to be -13mm of offset. Not good.

With a 15x7 in the front you want at least 4.25" of backspace to maximize tire width. Ideally you would want more like 4.5" on a 15x7 in the front, so you can run a wider tire. There's plenty of room to the frame. But 15" rims max out at around 4.5" of backspace in the front. You can go a little more, but after that you start hitting the UCA/brakes. If you go up in diameter, like to 17", you clear the brakes and UCA's and can get up to 5.6" of backspace before you hit the tie rods. With 18's frame clearance is the limiting factor, as the tie rod fits inside the rim. Which is why the guys with big fat pro-touring tires use 18" rims, at least on A-bodies. :D

Steel dog-dish factory has the same back space.

-
Back