76 dart lite restore or modify?

-

superlite

Reaction score
Hello everyone, nice forum you have here. I have a 76 Dart Lite in the wings, numbers matching , broadcast sheet 4sp. Im thinking im going to put an aluminum big block in it , strenghthen it up , suspension , rear end , brakes. I have to finish my 72 camaro first, i know boooooooooooo, lol. Just would like your opinions, and hopefully you will take it easy on me for i dont know much about building mopars, more about chevies. Lets just say ....... I SEEN THE LITE . Thank you .

I think it would be an interesting build and something you don't see every day. What would be really cool is to use as many aluminum and lightweight components as possible. It would be interesting to see how light a big block Dart could be built. It would handle much better also.
Finish that Camaro, then start posting pics of the progress on the Dart. :cheers:
Dallas

I think it would be an interesting build and something you don't see every day. What would be really cool is to use as many aluminum and lightweight components as possible. It would be interesting to see how light a big block Dart could be built. It would handle much better also.
Finish that Camaro, then start posting pics of the progress on the Dart. :cheers:
Dallas
yes thats my thoughts exactly, i just sold the original motor, slant 6 dont do it for me . I would like to get it as lite as possible.

Keep everything but the motor numbers, laminate (sp.) the build sheet and save it. that way you can sell it later as a numbers car and still get something out of it.

-
Back