76 Duster dying at stop signs

-

carlwinfree

Reaction score
I have a 76 Duster. It was originally a slant 6 car. I put a 360 in it. It keeps dying at stops. The volt meter is jumping up and down. If I turn the radio and the lights on, it dies almost instantly when put gear. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, or I live in south Oklahoma, if you know some where to take it that would be reasonable. Thanks

Not enough information to say for sure.

If your alt needle is jumping around at idle, and turning on accessories kills the engine you could have an issue with the alternator and/or voltage regulator, but it could be a bunch of things.

What's your idle speed? Whats the details on your engine? Bone stock? miles? Pumped up? details on the build? What kind of trans? rear end? carb?

Have you tried increasing the idle speed a bit when you turn on accessories to see if it helps? How old is the battery? Could be as simple as a bad ground connection or as complicated as a bad alternator or carb issues. You'll have to do some investigation and provide more details.

Not enough information to say for sure.

If your alt needle is jumping around at idle, and turning on accessories kills the engine you could have an issue with the alternator and/or voltage regulator, but it could be a bunch of things.

What's your idle speed? Whats the details on your engine? Bone stock? miles? Pumped up? details on the build? What kind of trans? rear end? carb?

Have you tried increasing the idle speed a bit when you turn on accessories to see if it helps? How old is the battery? Could be as simple as a bad ground connection or as complicated as a bad alternator or carb issues. You'll have to do some investigation and provide more details.
X2 we need more info.

-
Back