8 1/4 Posi Rear end

-

xLURKxDOGx

"An angel fat, at satan's feast"
Reaction score
There's one for sale here in phoenix and was wondering if this will work for upgrading my 63 Valiant Signet 200. He mentioned it was 64" wheel to wheel and i measured it to be pretty close. What came in these early A's?

Thanks,
Jake

The 54" (give or take) should be flange to flange of the housing. He's saying wheel to wheel. You can either go look so both are measured the same way or ask him to confirm how he's measuring so you can measure the same way. If he's measuring outside of tire to outside of tire it's very possible to be around 64".

It if it an A body rear end, it is a bolt in swap for you.

It if it an A body rear end, it is a bolt in swap for you.

Dubob The 54" (give or take) should be flange to flange of the housing. He's saying wheel to wheel. You can either go look so both are measured the same way or ask him to confirm how he's measuring so you can measure the same way. If he's measuring outside of tire to outside of tire it's very possible to be around 64".

Thanks for the info guys!!! Here is the exact ad. It would be great if it worked :)

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/pts/4465357659.html

If it came from a Fury, I don't believe it'll fit. See if he will give you backing plate to backing plate measurements and center to center spring perch measurements.

Rusty beat me to it. Probably won't work as a direct bolt in.

You need to find out, because if memory serves me right, some of the C bodies actually had pretty narrow rear axles.

-
Back