8.75 rear brakes, lil help please

-

discharger1332

Reaction score
getting my rear ready to put in the vehicle, where have you guys been getting your drums? small bolt, 10" drums with flair out. i would like to rebuilt the entire brakes hard ware and all. any advice as to where to get all the parts in one place? nobody local has them, napa says they can get them but i have to pay freight. rock auto doesnt even list them.

thanx in advance

Went through this myself. Finding the 10 by 1.75 shoes ,can be a bear. I finally found Wagner Thermoquiet still makes them. As for drum specs,can't help you now. I can check at work tomorrow. I do know,State/federal(?) law ,allows .060" bigger than stock. After that,most shops won't touch them.

napa says they can get them but i have to pay freight.

thanx in advance

A lot of times you can get them without frieght if it's in their system, it might take a few days longer though. They should be able to move them using their system from point A to B to C.

I have done this a few times, like I said it might take and extra two or three days to get it to the store.

I had got all of it my Car Quest store then I returned it as I went to the 11 drums.

If you find the ones with the flare. let us know. I had a set once, wore them out, haven't seen any since.

Just checked my application and the dreums are no longer available.I wish I had kept them.

-
Back