A 97 in a 75 carb and cam Q's

-

Bf190g

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 97 Dodge 318 magnum motor. I have converted the intake to a 4 barrel changed to "hei" distributor. I also have cheap headers on it. Got rid of the fan and power steering pump but added a second alternator. Other than that everything is stock. My question is do I need to change the Cam, and what carburetor should I use for the best low end rpm/torque? I have always had LA blocks so i am out of my league. My overall goal is gas mileage and towing. I have twin A883 overdrive transmissions. They are connected by a short shaft, one behind the other. It has a 4-11 rear, 245 75 16s, and it is a D200 club cab. I instaled few extra frame peices for the extra transmission and towing mods (aka she is heavy). My goal is to generally cruse at 1500 to 1700 rpm maybe push to 4000 when I am too lazy to shift before entering the highway. I would like to see what carb would be ideal. Curiosity has me wondering if I should go with a different cam, or would that be a non cost effective upgrade as she is only going to be driving every so often.

-
Back