A-body and B-body Sun roof seals NOW AVAILABLE!!!

-

Rick@Laysons

FABO Vendor
FABO Vendor
Reaction score
We now have a source of sunroof/moonroof seals available for A-body and B-body cars.

The top pic shows the seal needed for cars with a metal roof panel which requires the "4.5" kit which consists of two pieces of striping, one piece is 45" long and the second is 96".

The second pic shows the seal for cars with a glass panel, which calls for the "6.8" kit, which also consists of two pieces, one 45" and the second at 96".

This listing is so new, we don't even have these up on our website or included in our catalog yet.....

Please give me a call for more info.

Thanks,
Rick @ Laysons

Attachments

• SunRoof seal 4.5.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 567
  • SunRoof seal 6.8.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 559
We now have a source of sunroof/moonroof seals available for A-body and B-body cars.

The top pic shows the seal needed for cars with a metal roof panel which requires the "4.5" kit which consists of two pieces of striping, one piece is 45" long and the second is 96".

The second pic shows the seal for cars with a glass panel, which calls for the "6.8" kit, which also consists of two pieces, one 45" and the second at 96".

This listing is so new, we don't even have these up on our website or included in our catalog yet.....

Please give me a call for more info.

Thanks,
Rick @ Laysons
Hi Rick

I just ran across this while researching for my 73 340 duster sun roof car are these still available

Just submitted my order for these. I have looked for something suitable for years along with many other people I'm sure.

This should have been front page news!

Update: After receiving these and dragging out the original seals from my 73 Dart Sport... they are not at all like these. I didn't remember that the seal that attaches to the roof slips over the flange just like windlace at the front and rear of the door openings. And I was so excited. Compare to photos above.

20221123_122003.jpg

Update: After receiving these and dragging out the original seals from my 73 Dart Sport... they are not at all like these. I didn't remember that the seal that attaches to the roof slips over the flange just like windlace at the front and rear of the door openings. And I was so excited. Compare to photos above.

View attachment 1716016497
I know was thinking the same.. the one in Pics are for the roof panel it self it attaches to the outer perimeter of roof Plug . I Am Looking for same Belt type molding with the Cat whiskers on one side of belt .. Is you belt only 3 sides like a U shape ?

20221201_124503.jpg

20221201_124454.jpg

20221201_124315.jpg

20221201_124250.jpg

20221201_124215.jpg
This is the original factory setup. The long piece that wraps around the front and both sides has the fuzzy feel where the sunroof panel slides against it. When the moving panel slides forward and raises into the opening, the moving seal piece fills in the rear of the opening. The seals are most likely not waterproof, but the entire mechanism is in a tray with drain tubes at all four corners. The front drain tubes are routed down through the a-pillars and of course the rear are routed down through the c-pillars and out the bottom of the lower front quarter panel.

View attachment 1716017253

View attachment 1716017254

View attachment 1716017255

View attachment 1716017256

View attachment 1716017257This is the original factory setup. The long piece that wraps around the front and both sides has the fuzzy feel where the sunroof panel slides against it. When the moving panel slides forward and raises into the opening, the moving seal piece fills in the rear of the opening. The seals are most likely not waterproof, but the entire mechanism is in a tray with drain tubes at all four corners. The front drain tubes are routed down through the a-pillars and of course the rear are routed down through the c-pillars and out the bottom of the lower front quarter panel.
I am Looking for the Belt molding around headliner inside car with the Cat whiskers

-
Back