A Body Van

-

moparspares

Reaction score
I sell a bit of advertising on Ebay. Found this the other day in my collection and thought I would share this one. This is a Chrysler Panel Van or Chrysler Sports Van as Chrysler named it. Most aussies refer to them as panel vans. They also made a sporty one with stripe package and few other different options which was called the Drifter. You dont see many around on the road now but occasionally they pop up at shows etc.

Attachments

• VAL VAN.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 553
The Mad Max van is A HQ Holden Sandman. Dont you love Mad Max. I have watched both 1 & 2 so many times I can quote most of the lines.

Yep- IMO, they ruined the franchize with III.

They removed the cars as "costars", although there was a progresion from mostly intact to cobbled together, to pretty much just a wagon. I suppose that's "realistic" given the state of society.

I believe that until Titanic, that one or the other of the first two, was the higest grossing to cost ration of any film in history.

It's not, It was a Holden (GM).

Threre is a few replica supercharged V8 incepeceptors around Australia that guys have built. Never seen one in person however there is a replica yellow MFP interceptor that gets around my town. Very cool!!

There is a couple Mopars in Mad Max 2 from what I remember a Chrysler Royal and think it was a 59 Desoto. Maybe more but will have to watch movie again. I am sure there would be a Valiant some where in the lineup of cars.

On another point of interest an English guy Adrian Bennet loved Mad Max 2 so much he migrated to Australia with his family and moved to the outback town of Silverton where much of Mad Max 2 was filmed and set up a Mad Max museum http://www.madmaxonline.com/museum/ I have never been there but one day I will.

I loved Mad Max 2 so much I bought the full size Movie Poster and had it hung over my bed for years. Unfortunetly after I moved out of home my Mother probably binned it. Wonder what it would be worth now.

Leave you with one of my favourite lines of Mad Max 2. Max battered and bruised says

"2 days ago I saw a rig that would pull that tanker. You wanna get out of here You Talk to me".

I still have some tri-fold brochures I picked up when The Road Warrior came out. Interesting that they had those printed up and laying around at the theaters.

http://madmaxcars.com/

Back about '84, I saw a Falcon Ute at a car show/auction.

351c 4 speed, and it was yellow with red and blue stripes.

I wanted that real bad, even though I didn't know what it was.

I always wanted to make an MFP replica from a Maverick.

...and let's not forget the movie quote that people still use and most don't even know where it came from...

"No matter where ya go...there ya are!"

Nice collection of photos there. The Charger painted up with drifter colours is cool Yours?. Didnt Chrysler consider doing a Drifter package Charger or Did they. Dont know an awful lot about them.
thay did, is mine. i did it way they should have. original drifter charger is in there too, but i think they fkd up.

"[ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/capricornnamibia/sets/72157630665452828/"]Spying on the Mad Max 4 Film Set in Namibia - a set on Flickr[/ame]"

OK, this isn't working, but the link at the top of the box works.

-
Back