A little progress today.

-

TrailBeast

AKA Mopars4us on Youtube
Reaction score
There we a couple of odd things about the compressor positioning, but nothing I couldn’t solve.
Compressor, condenser and drier are in.
Apparently this is different than it used to be, but no other belts or pulleys are involved.
Crank pulley, compressor and idler, and it all installs in front of the existing belts and easily clears the mechanical fan.
This kit rules. :D

IMG_5290.png

IMG_5289.png

The bracket kit they sent me compressor shares the belt with PS pump and no idler.

The bracket kit they sent me compressor shares the belt with PS pump and no idler.

I have also seen installs that the alternator was part of the ac belt path, with people saying they had belt squealing issues because of so little belt contact on the alternator pulley.
I asked about that before I ordered the kit.

Please let us know how the belt set up works once it's running!!! I have the one that runs the alternator and compressor on a single belt. Squealed like hell. Finally got it so that I could use a double belt on the alternator and compressor like the factory set up and it cured the problem, but that was a bunch of work.

Please let us know how the belt set up works once it's running!!! I have the one that runs the alternator and compressor on a single belt. Squealed like hell. Finally got it so that I could use a double belt on the alternator and compressor like the factory set up and it cured the problem, but that was a bunch of work.

I certainly will, but it looks like it should be fine.
Lots of belt contact on the pulleys.

-
Back