adding a proform main body to a 650 dp

-

duster731

young gun
Reaction score
I heard by adding the proform body into my 650 holley dp it will make it a 750....

If so will it be to Much for my 318? The following specs on engine are in my Sig and I'm adding 302 heads, xe268 comp cam, and a edel air gap intake

thanks

Im pretty sure you have to buy a main body that is 750 cfm to make your carb 750. I mean the metering blocks, bowls, etc.... are all interchangeable.

No it wont be to much. You are talking about air not gas. How you jet the carb determines the gas as well as idle mixture settings.

A larger carb has a weaker signal, so picking the "right size" is key, it has everything to do with both air/gas, they work together, more CFM means more gas unless you don't want it to function propperly, In my opinion, the 650dp is all you need for a 318 combo like yours, now for the lower cost of the PF MB kit, i'd say get it & try it, if you don't like it switch back & in the future you'll always have it if you ever upgrade to a different build, i ran 12.5s all day on my 360 magnum in a dart running a 650dp.

If you do this, please make sure you follow the directions carefully, the supplied airbleeds need to be currect from a 2 corner too 4 corner idle carb, they should come with 2 .036" bleeds & 2 .075" bleeds, If you only have front mix screws you need to make shure the .036s are installed on the rear outers of the mainbody.

i run 1 on my 408 your 650 will be plenty for the 318 but a little fyi if u get the proform body as soon as u get it out of the box take carb bolts and base screws and chase the threads and it goes together sooo so much easier..so many haters on the proform main body but its a good piece but people need to do the right thoing and always chase the threads on new parts,,my 2 cents.. save ur cash and get a 360

might be selling my 750 soon to get a 950 if your interested pm me. Its a 750 from BIGGS custom and has HP center fully adjustable. If you ever have carb problems just call him and ask him for help. keep in mid i paid 700 for it but dont want that much for it.

My carb works just fine but thanks anyway I think I just need to rebuild mine again or take it apart and clean it due to a recent wind storm I had and had no filter on my carb

-
Back