After moving springs

-

QuarterHorse

Reaction score
What is the biggest tire you can squeeze in the stock fender wells, or is it mandatory you mini-tub our A-bodies to fit an adequite tire? I was thinking somthing along the lines of a 295/50R15 or the like in an ET-Street Radial. Anyway, input is appcreciated, and thanks in advance.

You will probably need to do a mini tub to get tires that size in it. Mopar Performance makes a rear leaf spring relocating kit that moves the springs in 3 inches on each sice, you may also need to get the offset shackles. The biggest tire you can fit in the stock fender will be a P245/60 14 or 15. Hope this helps!

That's the answer I was looking for. I planned on it anyway due to me replacing floors and going as far as moving springs, I just wanted to make sure. Thanks!

If your moving the springs in to the frame rails yes you will need to mini tub it. if you use the offset kit mini tubbing it wont gain you any more room.

I'm wanting to fit a good size tire as I mentioned above, anywhere from a 295-325 which I had on my last FOX body. Whatever is needed to do that, is what I will do. Looks like moving the springs in, and mini-tubbing it.

Move the springs and mini tub it then. A 325-50 will be the biggest your going to get nicely tucked in it I think but thats the perfect size on these cars IMO. anyways

I used the offset spring package and I have a 275-60-15 M/T drag radial on my duster fits very nicely.

don

The Dusters have a little more room around the wheel openings than the scamp and early Dart bodies. 255/60 15s fit well in mine, no mods at all. Well, at least nothing that changes the OEM dimensions much, that is. :lol:

-
Back