Aftermarket dash warning lights?

-

Kenflo

Reaction score
I am getting prepared to re wire the car with the EZ WIRE harness and have a question about the brake warning light. My dash will have aftermarket gauges and single LED lights for turn signals, high beam, and brake warning light. The brake warning originally went to the gauge panel with a single wire from brake switch through the gauge circuit board. How should it be hooked up now? I have a red LED on my new dash panel I am using for the warning light.

hum.. knee jerk reaction -- essentially the same as it was OEM - but, I have used an EZWiring harness and I know that there are little quirks to them - - I would call EZ if my first try or two at hooking it up didn't net the results I was after...

It will not be the same as it was OEM because of the new aftermarket gauge cluster, the factory wiring for the warning light went through the cluster circuit board I believe

I eliminated it on mine when I redid my wiring, I'm not sure what will tell the light to turn on if the factory circuity isn't there.

Single wire provides the ground path from the e brake or prop valve. +12 vdc feed from ignition switch, blue wire.

So this single blue wire to e brake and prop valve, than to brake light?

Power from a switched source to the indicator light, then the ground wire from the light connects to the e brake and prop valve is parallel. When one of those switches closes, it'll trigger the light to come on.

Same setup as the dome light circuit.

-
Back