all show /6 exhaust

-

CUDAGUY

aka Prince Valiant
Reaction score
What have you guys done/seen with /6 exhaust thats been split under the car? i.e. 1 manifold/downpipe and two tailpipes?

The car Im working on has a 2.25 single with some kind of turbo muffler but Im after something a little more classy looking and better sounding. Im thinking about splitting the exhaust right before the muffler and running a pair of 2" glasspacks next to each other and cutting the passenger tailpipe over above the rear diff. Option 2, is use a DOHC neon muffler (2.25" in/dual 2" out) and doing the same thing with the tailpipes. Im also wanting to dump the exhaust just behind each rear tire aimed down and back but slightly outward as well. Anyone see an issue with leafspring to pipe interferance? Im not really after performance, just something that sounds/looks better with the hood closed.

heres a pic of the car in question

Attachments

• 100_2198.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 374
nice dart. when i did the supersix i made a 2 1/2" single system with a super turbo muffler and a glass pack at the rear for a resonator. it sounded sort of tuff without the resonator and im not really into the all bark no bite deal. it still sounds pretty good and flows great.

I had a good friend of mine put AAR style exhaust on his slant duster. He ran something like a 24" cherry bomb then split it. It sounded way mean for a 6-popper.

What ever you do go with a good quality muffler.If you drive it alot the resonation of a glass pac or in my case a Flowmaster Series 40 will drive you nuts after awhile.Forget about hearing the radio if you like tunes while you drive.

I forgot to say that is one clean looking Dart.Have fun with it.

thats like identical to what I took off my wagon....a V8 car tho, and it was really beat up....like the passenger side was noticably more quiet than the drivers side due to the pinched pipe. I replaced it with a 3" single but may put a used 3" in/dual 2.5" out flowmaster to use and run 'duals' on it since the 3" tailpipe is WAY to visable.

Attachments

• valiant 015.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 204
true duals......

Attachments

• EX002250.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 217
  • EX002078.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 201

Attachments

• June third 2010 helping Creed Clean My Closet area OUT! 009.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 171