Alsa Chrome Paint

-

OUTLAW

Master of All Mopars
Reaction score
After researching this for almost a year I finally gave it a try. I admit it is more reflective than silver paint, but a far cry from chrome. I meticulously cleaned and preped my rear end as they instructed, then applied their paint according to directions. The results were disappointing to say the least. I am glad that I only paid 1/2 price for their chrome paint. I have used some of their other products with great success but this one is a gimick. I still have a can and 1/4 left and am going to try again on some wheels I have that have bad chrome on them. But this time I am going to buff and polish them before I apply their system to see if that helps. Below are a couple of pics to show how it come out

Ive used some of that stuff to respray worn out chrome on old model cars and worn out plastic trim.I noticed a more "chrome" look when I applied a gloss black base first.That still looks good though.Sorry you were disappointed

I used a nice black enamel base and urethane clear coat before I sprayed it just like they advised. The only thing I didn't do was buff and polish the housing first ...lol

maybe over something as smooth as an old chromed bumper it might work better ... I'm going to try it on some old chrome wheels next
if it works then I will re do the dome on the rear end

-
Back