1970 Duster AlterKtion, 4 Link, LS/T56/Turbo and Minitub

-
Maybe the A1000 for me?

Also since you've done this a bit maybe you can help me understand this. I'm running a single solenoid holley electronic boost controller on the 44mm wastegate. So my line from the solenoid goes to the bottom half of the wastegate with the top half open to atmosphere I read from the holley page. If so then that pressure will help push the diaphragm up making the spring seem even weaker no? Because the exhaust pressure is also pushing up on the valve/spring. You'd think you'd want your boost to be on the top side of the dome helping the spring keep the valve closed and as you adjust pressure it allows it to open?

upload_2020-1-27_15-49-32.png

Last edited:
I like the A1000, but for a daily I like the intake pumps. Being submerged in fuel they run cooler. If I was going to use an external pump I would use a pump controller to slow it down when the demand was low, keeping the fuel and the pump cooler. On the boost controller, I have not used the Holley stuff so I am not sure how or why they want it plumbed. I use aem electronics and run this boost controller https://www.aemelectronics.com/files/instructions/30-2400 Boost Control Solenoid Kit.pdf
Mine is plumbed for external wastegate use. Basically the boost controller is a duty cycle controlled boost leak. So depending on the boost target psi and the spring in the gate the ecu “leaks” boost pressure to the gate to allow it to stay closed longer. Exhaust pressure is not a factor and should not be considered. The spring and the pressure to the gate are the only factors at play. The solenoid should be plumbed to the compressor housing or as close as possible to see actual boost pressure. The solenoid just controls how much of that pressure the gate sees. Does that help?

You run whatever spring you want your minimum boost pressure to be. I run an 8 pound spring because it’s what came with my wastegate. In my dart I used the original style tank also but I cut a giant hole in the top of it and used a dodge truck sending unit that I switched the pump out of for an Aeromotive 340.

I apologize, this whole conversation I’ve been thinking series and saying parallel. Two of those in parallel will be great.

I looked for a flow chart for those pumps and can’t seem to find one. It’s very hard to know for sure since they are rated at free flow. The pumps output will drastically decrease as pressure increases. The walbro pumps you can find flow charts for all over the internet.

What pressure does the Holley system want to run at?

Hmm I'm not sure what the Holley system wants. Holley 80LB injectors. With the Walbro pumps would they work alright? I can just order those two.

It should be 43.5 psi. And I don’t want to tell you the pumps you have won’t work. I’m just not willing to say they will without knowing for sure. Need more data. I’m looking up the walbro chart on the 392s. They’re 255lph each at 40psi.

So 500lph. That capable of 700whp? I know I run one of those pumps on a 400bhp ls motor with no issues in my rock crawler.

Lots of little things on the list now. The last 10% that takes 90% and is always a pain. Some things to show are a simple fuel pump bracket I made up and I got the bracket on the firewall for the fuel regulator and pressure gauge. Hopefully I'll have some more picture worthy accomplishments soon.

20200208_142029.jpg
20200208_142033.jpg
20200208_151010.jpg
20200208_151018.jpg
20200208_160506.jpg

I got quite a bit done this weekend! But first last week my buddy with the Tig came back up and we got the down pipe/waste gate pipe done. Also got the bung welded in the intercooler pipe for the water/meth injection.
20200212_171813.jpg
20200212_171817.jpg

The car was a factory foot pump windshield washer fluid, so I converted it to electronic and got that tank all in. Its a little further down on the inner fender than factory but it will still work fine.
20200216_133311.jpg

Then in the trunk (looks cleaner than this now) I got the water/meth pump mounted, the water/meth tank temporarily mounted and the relay block for the duel pumps and water/meth pump mounted and wired up.
20200216_142324.jpg
20200216_144357.jpg

Finally got under the dash all wired and buttoned up as well! So thats starting to look like a car!
20200217_160504.jpg

Tonight Norman is coming back up to make some adjustments to the down pipe with the tig welder and then I can weld up the rest of the exhaust (under the car isnt stainless) and make a fan shroud/mount the electric fan. But the overall to do list is certainly getting smaller! After that I gotta bleed the clutch and brakes, get the seats in, belts in, put the rest of the trans cross member bolts in, add a ground strap from the chassis to the motor and then set the computer up. I'll do the AC stuff and radio/amp once I've made it to the dyno. This was my to do list for the weekend. New rear brake hose will be here Wednesday, so thats the holdup with brakes.
20200217_160923[1].jpg

Got the down pipe done last night and the fan shroud! So now besides an engine ground the engine bay is completely done! Just gotta do the exhaust under the car, bleed everything, the seats and shes ready for the dyno!
20200218_215206.jpg
20200218_224656.jpg
20200218_224712.jpg
20200218_230752.jpg

Got the seats and the exhaust done last night! Hopefully she's gonna start tonight! Still have to bleed everything, engine ground, add fluids and wire the backup lights
20200219_193230.jpg
20200219_204308.jpg

Looking excellent can’t wait to watch a video of it on the dyno. Hint hint.

-
Back