Alternator spacers

-

halifaxhops

It's going to get stupid around here!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Any chance someone out there knows the thickness of the alternator spacers on a 440 non ac w/ps. I am putting in a marine 440 into a dart and the front was bare. I have the material to make them just do not want to do it wrong. Thanks.

http://arengineering.com/products/denso-60-amp-kit-big-block/

this is the route i'm going on my 400bb

it fit pretty nice, still waiting on the body work to be finished before we can drop in the engine to fire the car up lol. i got the alternator off ebay for $50 and the pigtail for another $8

wiring is simple, you get rid of your voltage regulator, since the denso has one built in. it's got 3 wires to hook up, the fat one for your main charge wire, an IG wire, goes to + on the coil so when you turnn the key on it's hot, and a sense wire that you run over to your battery + or the battery side of the starter relay so the alt senses voltage and adjusts itself.

No, I got that part. What I am looking for are the length of the spacers.

Why don't you mock it up with the alternator, brackets, and long bolt and see how much of the center alternator pivot bolt is exposed and then make the spacer that long?

Why don't you mock it up with the alternator, brackets, and long bolt and see how much of the center alternator pivot bolt is exposed and then make the spacer that long?

That's exactly what I did. They are 1.5 and .5, thanks for the help.

-
Back