American AutoWire crimping tools

-
Thanks Dan, you can even see in my set the amount of clearance(too much) with the jaws closed. It ends up putting "tabs" on the terminals. They should be tighter. Mine came with instructions as well. Sucks as they feel like a quality ratchet set but the open barrel crimps are terrible.

Those W style crimps are pretty tricky. You have to line everything up perfect and you will need to practice on a handful of connectors first.

Here they are. And like Mike says, practice! It's a learned skill.

Open Barrel Crimper Tool for Molex Style DELPHI AMP TYCO Terminals 24-14 AWG | eBay

Thanks Dan, I actually spotted(and watching) that one after your post last night. I've tried and wasted numerous terminals with my crimper. I admit I'm not a pro but it's not my technique. Sloppy/loose clearances on dies for open barrel terminals allows the terminal to get wedged between dies.
Thanks Dan.

20200305_104106.jpg

Thanks Dan, I actually spotted(and watching) that one after your post last night. I've tried and wasted numerous terminals with my crimper. I admit I'm not a pro but it's not my technique. Sloppy/loose clearances on dies for open barrel terminals allows the terminal to get wedged between dies.
Thanks Dan.

View attachment 1715481947
My pleasure, pal. Glad to help. Ask if you have more questions.

I bought the American Auto wire crimpers and they work great. Considering the number of crimps you make the price is cheap.

-
Back